Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older EFS

Hello,
    I wonder if someone can look over the attached EFS. It is some years old by now and I wonder if it should be updated or rewritten for the current eSignal version.
    Thanks, JM
    Attached Files

I see nothing that needs updating. It is using current functions/methods.

Wayne

Comment

It's okay as far as running on 10.x vs. 7.9.x or 8.x.

There's 3 coding practices in that sample that I would recommend:

1. Always put your global var declarations at the top of your file.

2. Always put your local var declarations at the top of your functions before any executing EFS (Javascript) statements. Look on the web where, in Javascript, they talk about "hoisting" as it relates to creating local var declarations in the middle of functions.

3. Don't interleave executing code outside of function bodies. That is, keep all of your statements inside of functions.

I know, I know, you just want the code to work and it probably works just the way you want it now without making these kinds of changes. But you will save yourself a lot of grief and hard-to-find bugs if you follow these guidelines.
      Last edited by SteveH; 11-01-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Hi SteveH,

Thanks for the info. Hoisting is a new concept for me and may explain some issues I've come across over time.

Wayne

Comment

EFS slows down charts

An EFS I designed (back on version 8) now seems to halt / slow my charts on version 11. They had been running fine until recently.

I've attached a copy. The section with "bis" is there to vary the count on when Repaint chart gets done.

Something in it slows down the charts.

What I'm trying to do, in case you have a better idea, is a ema of two different symbols added together, to make just one line.

The calculation is current value x 2 + last value, from both symbols added together.

I also want to calculate (current value - last value) x 2 + current value - previous value.

Thanks, Jacques
          Attached Files

Comment

Out of touch

Hello,
            Thank you for the replies. I was out of touch for awhile and didn't look into my forum replies until today.
            All the Best, Jacques

Comment

Working...
            X