Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to input a list of symbols in a program and then analyze each symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to input a list of symbols in a program and then analyze each symbol

1.) Is there anyway to input a list of symbols into an EFS program?

2.) Is there a way to run one symbol, when that is complete to go to the second symbol and so on down the list. (I understand 200 symbols would be the limit.) Having to analyze one symbol at a time is a slow process, I would like to do it automatically, maybe run the computer overnight to get the results.

Amibroker is probably what you're looking for. It's a 3rd party licensed product. That means that you can run eSignal charting and Amibroker at the same time where Amibroker can also pull in real-time data to do your custom scans to look for day/swing trading candidates. I know there are others out there but Amibroker is a low price, fixed-cost product with fast backtesting/scanning capabilities.
    Last edited by SteveH; 12-23-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input SteveH. Interesting, I did not know there were other programs out there that improve on what eSignal is doing/providing.

Comment

Only problem is all 3rd party companies (including AmiBroker) that use eSignals data do not have access to the extended historical data. I believe they can only get 120 days worth so this makes it pretty much useless to me.

Comment

It depends a little on what you mean by "analyze." I found that, in the new version, it seems you can put the results of scripts in a watch list. I haven't tried this but this has the potential to alert you when any script signals a buy or sell.

This has some potential. Maybe someone here has already done this and can talk about it's usefulness.

Comment

Working...
          X