One efs formula getting output from another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One efs formula getting output from another

I have two charts, each with an indicator. One chart is volume-based (e.g., one bar per 100 volume), and the other chart is range-based (e.g., one bar per point change in price). I would like to develop an alert that is based on certain conditions being met by each of the indicators on the two separate charts. Is there a way to get an efs formula to acquire the simultaneous output from another formula on a different chart?

I understand it is possible to refer to different timeframes within a single indicator -- for example to call up data for 15-minute bars within an indicator that resides on a 5-minute chart. However, with the example I described above, the irregular relationship between volume and price range makes that kind of solution impractical.

EFS scripts can communicate with each other through the use of setGlobalValue() and getGlobalValue(). In one script, when you set a global value, the other script can read that value when the next new tick comes into it (its script).

That's as good as it gets.

Comment

Thank you very much, SteveH. It looks like that will work perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X