noeBarTimeRemaining.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noeBarTimeRemaining.efs

Quite a while ago I asked tech support if there was an efs to show time remaining in a bar and was told to use neoBarTimeRemaining.efs. It did show time remaining but only after a trade occured. Now it restarts at 100 seconds not 60 even though my bars are one minute bars. Now I can't find this efs study in the library. Either how can neoBarTimeRemaining.efs be fixed to have the time remaining coincide with my bars or is there another efs study to do this correctly, hopefully without having to wait for a trade to accur to show the proper time remaining? I don't know how to attach neoBarTimeRemaining to this note. Thanks, Mike G

Mike G,

I don't know of an EFS that will actually count down the time. There is the RemainingBarTime.EFS it works on intraday charts (No tick or second charts), Like the other EFS (noeBarTimeReamining.efs) it will only update with each trade. So may not be as useful during the lesser traded times or instruments.

Comment

Re: noeBarTimeRemaining.efs

Originally posted by Mike G
      Quite a while ago I asked tech support if there was an efs to show time remaining in a bar and was told to use neoBarTimeRemaining.efs. It did show time remaining but only after a trade occured. Now it restarts at 100 seconds not 60 even though my bars are one minute bars. Now I can't find this efs study in the library. Either how can neoBarTimeRemaining.efs be fixed to have the time remaining coincide with my bars or is there another efs study to do this correctly, hopefully without having to wait for a trade to accur to show the proper time remaining? I don't know how to attach neoBarTimeRemaining to this note. Thanks, Mike G
      Mike G,

I am the author of neoBarTimeRemaining.efs. The way that eSignal works is a script is run, at most, every tick (every time there is a trade). Thus, the bar time remaining may skip a second if more than a second passes between ticks.

My script will work with tick-based charts (I use it everyday). For example, an interval of "987T". As large trade sizes go through, this may jump down more than 1 tick at a time, as expected.

As for the problem you are having with the 1min chart, make sure you have the latest version by using the one attached.

Enjoy!
      Daniel
      Attached Files
      eSignal File Share: http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?groupid=1130

Comment

Working...
      X