offsetSeries()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offsetSeries()

Hello. I have scripted a simple EFS study. What I would like to do next is add a user defined input for phase shifting or offsetting the plot to the "right". It's my understanding that the applicable function is the offsetSeries() for shifting the study plot with a positive offset.

I have been looking for a sample EFS which allows the user to input an offset quantity. I did a couple of searches on this forum but found nothing specific. Can anyone point me toward an EFS which has this user defined input.?

Many Thanks, QT.

Re: offsetSeries()

Place something like this in the preMain() function:

var fp1 = new FunctionParamater("vOffset", FunctionParamater.NUMBER);
    fp1.setName("Offset Number of Bars");
    fp1.setDefault(0);

This part of the script will cause a dialog to be present in the edit studies panel that allows you to change the default offset from 0 to another number. The script creates a variable named vOffset. vOffset can be used anyway you use any other variable such as offsetSeries(vOffset)...

I have not use the offsetSeries() function so make sure you understand the context of whether the offset should be a positive or negative number and modify what I have shown here appropriately.

Mike Scott
    Tarzna, CA

Originally posted by quanttrader
    Hello. I have scripted a simple EFS study. What I would like to do next is add a user defined input for phase shifting or offsetting the plot to the "right". It's my understanding that the applicable function is the offsetSeries() for shifting the study plot with a positive offset.

I have been looking for a sample EFS which allows the user to input an offset quantity. I did a couple of searches on this forum but found nothing specific. Can anyone point me toward an EFS which has this user defined input.?

Many Thanks, QT.
    ....Mike

Comment

Working...
    X