help on Heikin-Ashi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on Heikin-Ashi

I may be thick on this one, I want to use Heikin-Ashi on my main chart and apply a 34 EMA against it, i cannot seam to achieve this, I can apply a Heikin-Ashi Chart that opens a study window this would be ok but i cannot apply an EMA to it, any ideas, im on v11

Re: help on Heikin-Ashi

bsmart
    FYI the Heikin Ashi you are referring to is not a "chart type" [such as bars, candles, etc] but is a study created using EFS [eSignal's formula language] hence any studies based on it would have to be also created using EFS.
    You can find one example of how to accomplish this in this thread. FWIW I found the thread by searching the forum for the keywords heikin* AND average*
    Alex

Originally posted by bsmart
    I may be thick on this one, I want to use Heikin-Ashi on my main chart and apply a 34 EMA against it, i cannot seam to achieve this, I can apply a Heikin-Ashi Chart that opens a study window this would be ok but i cannot apply an EMA to it, any ideas, im on v11

Comment

Re: Re: help on Heikin-Ashi

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      bsmart
      FYI the Heikin Ashi you are referring to is not a "chart type" [such as bars, candles, etc] but is a study created using EFS [eSignal's formula language] hence any studies based on it would have to be also created using EFS.
      You can find one example of how to accomplish this in this thread. FWIW I found the thread by searching the forum for the keywords heikin* AND average*
      Alex
      Alex
      Appreciated buddie, would be easier if it were a chart type, none the less thanks.

Incidentally is there an Heikin-Ashi efs youy recommend?

Comment

Working...
      X