Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regression trend channel value

Hi.

I drew a regression trend channel on the chart.
    How can I display its value that will be in the next 2 or 5 bars
    in text box on the chart ?

tnx.

I'm also seeking this answer. I've tried to get the Linear Regression Basic Study to match the lines of the RTC. I can get it to match when I click on the option: Use Standard Error instead of Standard Deviation, the outer channels line up, using a StdDev=2. However, the EFS Linear Regression study doesn't have this option. Does anybody know how I can create my own Linear Regression that has the option of Use Standard Error instead of Standard Deviation, ie. what is the calculation?

My approach will be:
    Manually evaluate a chart to see if it follows the rules for a Type1 or FBS trade, manually draw a RTC, pass to a EFS that starting and ending bar date/time data points, have the EFS draw a Linear Regression to verify it lines up with the RTC, then code an alert within the EFS when the price breaks or closes outside the RTC channel.

Comment

This lines draw the "Regresion Trend Channel" on the chart.

===============

function main() {

setPriceStudy(true);

vLinReg = new addLineTool( LineTool.REGRESSION, -27, 0, 1, Color.blue, "reg1" );

}
      ==============

I have to draw them at 16:30 to 23:00 yesterday.
      I also want that the lines will attract the next trading day.
      And when the cursor is on the candle, the rate of the channel appears in the cursor window.

I saw that it could be done by :

vLinReg = new LinearRegressionStudy(Source, Length, StdDev);

But the channel is not identical

I would appreciate very much anyone who will help.

Comment

Standard Error

This version of the Linear Regression study has the Standard Error parameter coded in it.
        Last edited by eSignal_EricL; 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X