Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical average of volume as constant in an efs formula

Hi everyone
    I'm wondering anyone know how to get an average volume of a symbol say YHOO for say 5 minute interval for say over 5 year period (between 6:30 to 13:00) without calling MA study of volume. This one value of average volume can then be used as a constant in an efs formula.
    Cheers
    Dzung Nguyen

This couldn't be calculated currently, because we do not carry more then 60 days of intraday data. If you are ok with a daily interval and an average volume of that, then it can be done with an EFS. I would suggest using /formulas/library/VolumeMA.efs as a basis to calculate this, and then saving it using setGlobalValue so it can be used in another EFS.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay

Thanks for your reply. I'm, however, not familar with setGlobalValue() and I have questions:

1. Suppose that I use /formulas/library/VolumeMA.efs to calculate the VolMA of a symbol say YHOO,5 (5 minute interval) for the latest 50 days. The "efs" then save the last value of VolMA using setGlobalValue as "GlobalAvgVol_YHOO". Do I need to run this "efs" to access "GlobalAvgVol_YHOO" ? If yes, do I have to open an 50+ intraday chart to get the valid "GlobalAvgVol_YHOO" ? If yes, will it slow down efs operations ?

2. When I change the symbol to say MSFT, will the chart automatically access the "GlobalAvgVol_MSFT" ? If I don't want slow loading of MSFT chart due to operation of the "efs" to determine "GlobalAvgVol_MSFT" Is there a way to quick chart loading ?

Regards
      Dzung Nguyen

Comment

Working...
      X