Macd efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macd efs

Im looking for an EFS that converts the simple moving averages within the MACD study to exponential moving averages. Is there one that currently exists and if not how would I go about having one created?

I believe normal MACD does use exponential moving averages.
    In any case see "MACDSlow.efs" found in the "C:\Users\add user name here\Documents\Interactive Data\Formulas\Built-in Studies Formulas\Source Formulas".
    It is the source code (see also "MACDFast.efs"), both use ema for their calculations.

Comment

my apologies but I have absolutely no idea what you are suggesting I should do or where to look. If you open a basic study MACD it give 2 options, simple moving average oscillator and simple moving average line. I simply need to change it to an exponential moving average. thank you

Comment

The basic MACD calculation uses EMA. By selecting the "Simple MA (Oscillator)" and/or the "Simple MA (Signal Line)" you are in fact changing the calculation from EMA to SMA. To have MACD use EMA just make sure the two checkboxes for Simple MA remain unchecked in the "Edit Chart" window.

Comment

Working...
        X