substracting moving averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• substracting moving averages

Hello, I would like to take a moving average of the market highs (x periods) and substract a moving average (y or X periods) of the market lows. Can I do that within eSignal? Thanks.

Alelerar
    Yes you can.
    The screenshot enclosed below illustrates the formula in its most basic form together with the resulting plot

For more information on the sma() function used in the formula see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase which also includes several examples of its usage. You can find other examples on the required syntax in this thread in the forum.
    Also search the forums as you will find other examples
    Alex

Originally posted by Alelerar View Post
    Hello, I would like to take a moving average of the market highs (x periods) and substract a moving average (y or X periods) of the market lows. Can I do that within eSignal? Thanks.

Comment

moving average indicator

Thanks Alexis. Where can I learn about building this indicator inside eSignal? I have only used the indicators that come with the program.

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro View Post
      Alelerar
      Yes you can.
      The screenshot enclosed below illustrates the formula in its most basic form together with the resulting plot

For more information on the sma() function used in the formula see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase which also includes several examples of its usage. You can find other examples on the required syntax in this thread in the forum.
      Also search the forums as you will find other examples
      Alex

Comment

Alelerar
        In this specific instance just open a new Script Editor window then type in the script as shown in the screenshot then save the formula with a name of your choice.
        On a more general note if you are interested in learning about programming in EFS then you may want to start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and review the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS. As you are learning also search the forums where you will find literally thousands between scripts and/or examples that you can use
        Alex

Thanks Alexis. Where can I learn about building this indicator inside eSignal? I have only used the indicators that come with the program.

Comment

Thanks Alex.

Thanks Alex. Once I write the indicator (my formula) is complete, is there a way to apply one of the studies already within eSignal to that formula? or I have to write another formula?

Comment

Alelerar
            You will need to write [or modify] another formula
            If you search the forums for stud* on stud* you will find many examples on how to create them
            Alex

Thanks Alex. Once I write the indicator (my formula) is complete, is there a way to apply one of the studies already within eSignal to that formula? or I have to write another formula?

Comment

Thanks again.

thanks for your help.

Comment

Alelerar
                You are welcome
                Alex

thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X