Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for an Asian High/Low Forex indicator

Good evening...

I am not a programmer, but would like, appreciate it very much actually, if someone could write an efs that would plot the Asian (Tokyo) Forex High and Low of the day (their day/session). They open 7 or 8 EST or EDST.

The line defining the high/low could start at the highest/lowest candle extreme and continue horizontally to the start of the N.Y. session (8 a.m. EST or Daylight time as the case ma be). It would move up or down as the price reaches new highs/lows for the session. Once a high is reached for the session and the price retreats, the line would remain at the high and just extend to right until the N.Y. open with each candle close (5m, 15m, 60m or whatever chart one were looking at).

It would be great if the line could be altered as not to conflict with other lines/indicators on the chart, i.e. line thickness, color, type (solid, dash, dotted, etc.).

As I have stated, this is way above my pay grade but would help me quickly identify the Tokyo H/L without having to look back at the hours along the bottom and then identify and draw the H/L myself into the New York session.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
    Paul
    [email protected]

Paul
    Assuming I understood you correctly you can accomplish what you want without the need of an efs simply by using the built-in OHLC study and setting it to show the current day’s High and Low based on a Time Range (you can also add the session's Open and Close values if you so wish and the previous day's OHLC values). The following screenshot shows the result of the built-in OHLC study when set to your specifications
    An additional benefit to using the built-in study is that you can very easily set alerts without having to write a single line of code

That said if that does not what you want then try searching the forums as there are a number of formulas already available that calculate the High and Low of defined periods/sessions, etc.
    For example you can find one in this post which allows you to plot the values only during the session you want or extend them for the remainder of the day (see examples of both in the screenshots enclosed below)
    Alex

Originally posted by PaulDV01 View Post
    Good evening...

I am not a programmer, but would like, appreciate it very much actually, if someone could write an efs that would plot the Asian (Tokyo) Forex High and Low of the day (their day/session). They open 7 or 8 EST or EDST.

The line defining the high/low could start at the highest/lowest candle extreme and continue horizontally to the start of the N.Y. session (8 a.m. EST or Daylight time as the case ma be). It would move up or down as the price reaches new highs/lows for the session. Once a high is reached for the session and the price retreats, the line would remain at the high and just extend to right until the N.Y. open with each candle close (5m, 15m, 60m or whatever chart one were looking at).

It would be great if the line could be altered as not to conflict with other lines/indicators on the chart, i.e. line thickness, color, type (solid, dash, dotted, etc.).

As I have stated, this is way above my pay grade but would help me quickly identify the Tokyo H/L without having to look back at the hours along the bottom and then identify and draw the H/L myself into the New York session.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
    Paul
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi,

Try:

SESSION_HILO drawLine EFS2.efs

Wayne

Comment

Ah,

The built-in OHLC study is likely a better option for you as explained in the second post.

Wayne

Comment

Thanks Alexis and Wayne!

Your suggestions may very well fill the bill, problem is, I am such a lightweight that I cannot find the efs's you suggest to download... Is there a library of all efs's? Where exactly would I find them?

Sorry - this is so not what I do...

Thanks again

Paul

Comment

Paul
            Actually I primarily suggested that you use the built-in OHLC study which is not an efs - hence requires no coding - and is part of the Built-in Studies which are integrated within the application (see the linked article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase for more information).

As to the suggested efs see the links provided in the posts themselves
            Perhaps you may also want to review the information provided in this page so as to get better acquainted with the eSignal application and service(s)
            Alex

Thanks Alexis and Wayne!

Your suggestions may very well fill the bill, problem is, I am such a lightweight that I cannot find the efs's you suggest to download... Is there a library of all efs's? Where exactly would I find them?

Sorry - this is so not what I do...

Thanks again

Paul

Comment

Alex,

Thanks for your patience and guidance! I actually figured out the OHLC Built-in study prior to your posting your last message. I also watched the EFS Basic tutorial - THANKS for pointing those out. What I continue to struggle with, is finding the HiLo-overnight efs that you first mentioned. I looked in all of the File Sharing EFS Database Folders. I did a general search and came up with a HiLo Index, but not the HiLo_overnight.efs that you where nice enough to post an example of.

If I am looking under the wrong name or in the wrong place, could you, would you... please provide the required link or name or location and I think I can work my way through any deviations regarding time of day and/or line colors, thickness, etc., from there.

Again, Thank you so very much!

Paul

Comment

Paul
                In my post I provided you a link to the thread/post where you can find the formula
                See the highlighted word "this" in the image enclosed below
                Alex

Alex,

Thanks for your patience and guidance! I actually figured out the OHLC Built-in study prior to your posting your last message. I also watched the EFS Basic tutorial - THANKS for pointing those out. What I continue to struggle with, is finding the HiLo-overnight efs that you first mentioned. I looked in all of the File Sharing EFS Database Folders. I did a general search and came up with a HiLo Index, but not the HiLo_overnight.efs that you where nice enough to post an example of.

If I am looking under the wrong name or in the wrong place, could you, would you... please provide the required link or name or location and I think I can work my way through any deviations regarding time of day and/or line colors, thickness, etc., from there.

Again, Thank you so very much!

Paul

Comment

I am learning..... agonizingly (for you - sorry), slow.

Missed that highlighted this, and spent way too much time trying to find the efs.

THANKS again Alex!

Comment

Paul
                    You are welcome
                    Alex

I am learning..... agonizingly (for you - sorry), slow.

Missed that highlighted this, and spent way too much time trying to find the efs.

THANKS again Alex!

Comment

Working...
                    X