Need 14 RSI with EMA & SMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 14 RSI with EMA & SMA

I want to create a 14-period RSI with a 33-period exponential moving average & a 13-period simple moving average on Wizard, but apparently Wizard doesn't exist in eSignal 11. Would anyone be willing to share or direct me to the code for two MAs on an RSI? On Alex's advice searched the forum & the library, but couldn't find anything. I took the JavaScript tutorials plus the ones on NewBoston & have a basic understanding of theory but don't trust myself to write a program. Alex also said to use the study-on-study functionality that is available with built-in studies, but I found no mention of this functionality or how to perform it in the tutorials. I can get into built-in studies & found RSI but saw nothing about adding studies onto this.

PS If you can tell me how to get rid of the existing dotted horizontal lines at 20 & 80 that would help too! Putting in my own bands (which I do know how to do!) & the existing ones are distracting.

Thanks for any help!

power-of-silence
    In my reply to your other post on the same topic I provided you with the link to the specific article of the eSignal KnowledgeBase that shows you how to create a study on study using the built-in studies (see the enclosed screenshot that highlights the aforementioned link)
    As an aside I found that article by searching the Kb for the words "study on study" [which returns it as the first hit]
    To remove the bands just uncheck them in Edit Chart
    Alex

Originally posted by power-of-silence View Post
    I want to create a 14-period RSI with a 33-period exponential moving average & a 13-period simple moving average on Wizard, but apparently Wizard doesn't exist in eSignal 11. Would anyone be willing to share or direct me to the code for two MAs on an RSI? On Alex's advice searched the forum & the library, but couldn't find anything. I took the JavaScript tutorials plus the ones on NewBoston & have a basic understanding of theory but don't trust myself to write a program. Alex also said to use the study-on-study functionality that is available with built-in studies, but I found no mention of this functionality or how to perform it in the tutorials. I can get into built-in studies & found RSI but saw nothing about adding studies onto this.

PS If you can tell me how to get rid of the existing dotted horizontal lines at 20 & 80 that would help too! Putting in my own bands (which I do know how to do!) & the existing ones are distracting.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Thanks, Alex, actually I got all this by myself after I wrote this (I'm so proud!); sorry, I should've deleted this question or at least let you know. I did write another question concerning the Composite Index formula, & I managed to solve that one too-- rsi (14,0)-rsi(14,-9) seems to do exactly the same thing as Constance Brown's formula, mom(9,rsi(14). I had my numbers reversed, which is why it wouldn't plot; once I reversed my numbers & got a line on my chart, it appears to be exactly the same line I get with Emet's formula.

Comment

power-of-silence
        FYI the Momentum study simply calculates the difference between the current value of a data series and the value nn bars ago of the same data series [where nn is the Length parameter of the Momentum study]
        Hence, mom(9,rsi(14)) essentially means “calculate the difference between the current value of an rsi study measured over 14 periods and the value of the same rsi study 9 bars back” which is exactly what emet’s formula does.
        Alex

Originally posted by power-of-silence View Post
        Thanks, Alex, actually I got all this by myself after I wrote this (I'm so proud!); sorry, I should've deleted this question or at least let you know. I did write another question concerning the Composite Index formula, & I managed to solve that one too-- rsi (14,0)-rsi(14,-9) seems to do exactly the same thing as Constance Brown's formula, mom(9,rsi(14). I had my numbers reversed, which is why it wouldn't plot; once I reversed my numbers & got a line on my chart, it appears to be exactly the same line I get with Emet's formula.

Comment

Working...
        X