Bollinger band alert message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollinger band alert message

Hello i a searching for a study that would alert me with a message and sound that price just touched the upper or lower band of a bollinger band. I have one but it would only make a sound when it is touched. Can some one help me find one with a message that would pop up. Anyone with advice is welcome thanks.

hfiliz1
    If you are using version 11.x you do not necessarily need an efs to do that as the functionality is available in the built-in Bollinger study (see the article on Alerts on studies in the eSignal KnowledgeBase).
    If for whatever reason you instead want to do it through efs then try a search for Bollinger alert and you should find several formulas as the topic has been covered before
    Alex

Originally posted by hfiliz1 View Post
    Hello i a searching for a study that would alert me with a message and sound that price just touched the upper or lower band of a bollinger band. I have one but it would only make a sound when it is touched. Can some one help me find one with a message that would pop up. Anyone with advice is welcome thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Alexis. I hope all is well.
      You are right on 11.x they do have a alert for sound and message for bollinger bands but the problem is it only goes off if the price exceeds the bollinger band. I want it to go as soon as the bollinger band gets touched or one tick before getting touched. I have searched all the forums i cant find it. I found one with only sound. Do you have any more recommendations. I think you are the one that introduced the one i am talking about back in 2004.

Comment

hfiliz1
        Use the Alert Area setting to trigger the alert in the proximity of the bands rather than only on crossing
        Alex

Thanks for the reply Alexis. I hope all is well.
        You are right on 11.x they do have a alert for sound and message for bollinger bands but the problem is it only goes off if the price exceeds the bollinger band. I want it to go as soon as the bollinger band gets touched or one tick before getting touched. I have searched all the forums i cant find it. I found one with only sound. Do you have any more recommendations. I think you are the one that introduced the one i am talking about back in 2004.

Comment

I thought for example if i put alert area 2 and price was crossing above the bollinger band it would alert me 2 ticks above the bollinger band am i wrong ? I sorry if i am making this difficult.

Comment

hfiliz1
            As I said it will trigger the alert in the proximity not just on crossing.
            Alex

I thought for example if i put alert area 2 and price was crossing above the moving average it would alert me 2 ticks above the bollinger band am i wrong ? I sorry if i am making this difficult.

Comment

OK thanks a lot. I appreciate the help thank you.

Comment

hfiliz1
                You are welcome
                Alex

OK thanks a lot. I appreciate the help thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X