Inside Day Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Day Study

I have designed a study to show inside Days within any time period for any instrument. I would like a critique for suggestions/improvements to the attached study.

What I found problematic was to separate an evaluation for the current bar which should be interactive so that it can remove the indication for an inside day if the paramaters are exceeded. I then created the same formula for previous bars which should be fixed and no changes would be necessary.

In addition to overcome the problem of displaying text and shapes within lables for different intervals I created a function to automatically compensate adjustments to the output. I did this by trial and error and do not consider it very elegant and would like to get a more concise effective solution.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding the issues discussed.

Robert
    Attached Files

I hate to suggest this, but it does draw inside bars green and all the rest blue....

function preMain(){
    setPriceStudy(true);
    setColorPriceBars(true);
    setDefaultPriceBarColor( Color.blue );
    }

function main(){
    if(high()<high(-1) && low()>low(-1))
    setPriceBarColor( Color.green , Color.green);
    return ;
    }

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, what I'm trying to create is a template for other functions so that I can have available a comprehensive set of indicators which can then be tied to major pivot points to use as filtering as well as setting up initial and adjusted protective stops after trade entry. So I'm looking to create:-

Reversal Indicators

Reversal Days - (Key, Outside, Outside Key)
      Snap Back Reversal Days - all varieties
      Signal Days (including Gap Signal days)

Trend Continuation Indicators

Inside Days
      Outside Days
      3 Day Low/high
      Gann Pull Back

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,
        I created some candle studies that might give you a head start :

eSignal Bulletin Board » Product / Data Category » eSignal 7.x » Narrow Range and Wide Range Bars

For what your after, it sounds like you've been reading Robert Minors book!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by rcameron
          Thanks for the feedback, what I'm trying to create is a template for other functions so that I can have available a comprehensive set of indicators which can then be tied to major pivot points to use as filtering as well as setting up initial and adjusted protective stops after trade entry. So I'm looking to create:-

Reversal Indicators

Reversal Days - (Key, Outside, Outside Key)
          Snap Back Reversal Days - all varieties
          Signal Days (including Gap Signal days)

Trend Continuation Indicators

Inside Days
          Outside Days
          3 Day Low/high
          Gann Pull Back

Robert
          Such an efs study would be nice indeed for the DT fans.

I've only been able to create an "expert" in Metastock which identifies Key reversal bars (and it's cousins), Signal days (and gap cousins). Problem is how they will overlap since a Gap SD is the same day as a normal SD.

For Trend continuation, I've only included inside and outside days.

I'm terrible at esignal coding so I've only been able to monitor those on MS.

I must say I really like KRBs tho when price, time and pattern support them!

Comment

Working...
          X