ADXIndicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADXIndicator

Is it possible to have an ADX indicator without DMI?

gholden1
    Right click on the indicator select Edit Studies and then check/uncheck whatever it is you want to see/hide
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

I am trying to minimize the amount of strain and drain I put on my PC with stuff I do not use. Is it possible to do more than you posted below? I not only do not want to see DMI +/- while still seeing ADX, but I do not want them calculated in teh background. Is it possible to eliminate them from the code or from being calculated? Thanks a ton.

Comment

trend
        The ADX is based on the DMI+ and the DMI- so their calculations are required regardless of the fact that you may not want to display them.
        For a complete description of how the ADX is constructed you may want to reference Welles Wilder's book "New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems"
        Alex

Originally posted by trend
        Alex,

I am trying to minimize the amount of strain and drain I put on my PC with stuff I do not use. Is it possible to do more than you posted below? I not only do not want to see DMI +/- while still seeing ADX, but I do not want them calculated in teh background. Is it possible to eliminate them from the code or from being calculated? Thanks a ton.

Comment

I was just posting to forget my post. I just read that "The ADXR is a measure of the spread between the Directional Indicators (+DI and -DI). When the ADXR is declining, it's not advised to use a trend following system. However, a rising ADXR signals that the dominant trend is likely to continue."

Thanks anyway for the help.

Comment

trend
            You are welcome
            Alex

Originally posted by trend
            I was just posting to forget my post. I just read that "The ADXR is a measure of the spread between the Directional Indicators (+DI and -DI). When the ADXR is declining, it's not advised to use a trend following system. However, a rising ADXR signals that the dominant trend is likely to continue."

Thanks anyway for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X