Parabolic study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parabolic study

I would like to use the formula Wizard to alarm after a parabolic "shift" occures using CCI for over bought or oversold criteria.

Could you clarify what settings you use for the Parabolic and CCI, and also what qualifies as an OverBought / OverSold condition for this system?
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Just in case you were asking where to get started on building this yourself, I would suggest going through the EFS Help Center & Library and in particular the Formula Wizard Guide.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Mark
        The attached efs computes the ParabolicSAR and CCI studies (it does not plot the latter though) and will trigger both an audio alert and Alert window when the Parabolic flips and the CCI is in OB (+100) or OS (-100) conditions.
        All parameters for Parabolic, CCI and OB/OS can be modified through Edit Studies
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Alexis, thanks so much. I'm having some trouble loading it into my e-signal programs...can you tell me how....thanks...MK

Comment

Mark
            Click on the attachment then select Save to disk in the Download box and save it to any one of the subfolders in the Formulas folder in eSignal.
            Once it is downloaded open an Advanced Chart, right click on it, select Formulas and then go to the subfolder you saved the efs in. Click on the efs and it should load in your chart.
            Hope this helps
            Alex

Comment

Again

Again thanks for the help. I got the program loaded and tried to run it with a CCI of 5. I'm not getting an alarm sound. I tested my sound and that is working. Could it be the program. As I look at it..I see no reason it should not work...MK

Comment

Mark
                You also need to set the OB/OS thresholds. By default they are at +100 and -100 and it is very possible that the CCI is neither above nor below those values when the Parabolic flips.
                I would suggest that you also load a Basic Study->CCI to evaluate what the values for the CCI are when the Parabolic flips.
                Then when you adjust the OB/OS in the efs do the same in the CCI study you are plotting.
                Alex

Comment

Actually I want the OB/OS at 100/-100. I had set up a basic staudy with bar alerts... for example there should have been a long alert on 1" chart on the e-mini Nas at 14:33(CCI -134) and a short alert at 14:50. Again thanks for your help. MK

Comment

Mark
                    My understanding of your initial specification was that an alert should be triggered when the Parabolic flips IF the CCI is in OB/OS.
                    At the times indicated by you the Parabolic has already flipped by at least two bars so no alert is given.
                    What you seem to be suggesting now is a rather different condition ie IF the CCI is in OB/OS AND the Parabolic is indicating the same direction THEN an alert should be triggered.
                    If that is the case then the efs would need some adjusting. Also what is the condition of OB/OS? When it crosses out of it or when it is in OB/OS?
                    Alex
                    Last edited by ACM; 10-24-2003, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Yes as you observed I am looking for an alarm after the parabolic has flipped...I want the alarm to signal when the CCI is oversold on a "Long parabolic" and over bought on a "short" parabolic. I wanted it to alarm on the first event only, per parabolic flip. It is okay if it alarms as the CCI is hitting +/-100....even if it dosnt close there....that gives me time to come look at how the bar is setting up. Does that make sense??? MK

Comment

Mark
                        I think the revision attached here now does what you want.
                        It will sound an alert and trigger the Alert List the first time the CCI even only touches intrabar the OB/OS threshold.
                        Alex
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so much....I will try it on Monday.MK

Comment

Alexis, thank you very much. That does exactly what I want it to. I appreciate all the help..MK

Comment

Working...
                            X