Stoch Cross and placing Dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoch Cross and placing Dot

Is there an EFS file out there or can it be done that the EFS file takes the Slow Stochastic in real time and places a Dot on top of the Price on a cross down and places a Dot under the price on a cross up?

See picture for Example

The picture was done with MSpaint

Thank you

Ketoma21
    Attached Files

Ketoma21
    The attached efs should do what you asked if by cross down and cross up you mean crossing the OB/OS thresholds.
    If not it will be very easy to adapt it to any other condition.
    Irrespective it will draw a green dot under the low when crossing over the OS threshold and a red dot on the high when crossing under the OB threshold. These dots appear in real time even in intrabar and will disappear if the Slow Stochastic does not confirm the cross on the close.
    All parameters for the Stochastic and OB/OS thresholds can be modified through Edit Studies.
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Alexis

Thank you sooo much this is exactly what I’m looking for, Another great script that I got from you. I was looking for the crossing of the %D and %K but with a small modification to the code that was done.

Thank you again

Ketoma21

Comment

line instead of dot

Hello Alexis,

Thanks for the formula in this thread but I was wondering if you had any idea why the dots only show up as tiny lines on my chart instead of the dots in the formula and image you posted?

Which part of the formula actually controls the size of the dots?

Thanks in advance,
        Rusty

Comment

Rusty
          The dots are set in Lines 68 and 74 of the formula.
          Do you have the Windings font on your computer? Also what version of the software are you running?
          Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

just found your stochastic efs.

Would you be so kind and change the dots to bigger arrows,
            and the most important feature to me would be a choice of audio and pop up alerts.

As always, thanks for your tremendous support !

Matt

Comment

Matt
              You may first want to look at this thread in its entirety as I have posted there almost every possible variation of plain Stochastic or GET Stochastic with and without alerts, with arrows in price pane, arrows in indicator window, etc
              Alex

Comment

Alex,

I did read through the 4 pages, but all the efs with alerts seem to require an AGET subscription.
                I just want a plain stoch crossover OB/OS with alerts.
                But I did find out how to enlarge the dot, haven't gotten to the point of replacing the dot with an arrow yet :-)

It would be great if you could help me add these alert options to the basic stoch OB/OS efs.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Matt
                  Here are the links to two messages in that thread that contain a builtin Stochastic with arrows
                  post# 31032
                  post# 31068
                  Alex

Comment

Alex,

they don't seem to have any alerts.
                    The attched efs does have alerts, but it's a slow/fast crossover.
                    Could you modify it to just have alerts for the slow stoch crossing in and out of the OB/OS, or maybe just add the alerts to the basic stoch efs I was referring to earlier.

Thanks,

Matt
                    Attached Files

Comment

Matt
                      In that same thread I found another efs that is based on builtin Stochastic and plots arrows and triggers alerts
                      post# 31541
                      Alex

Comment

Ok,
                        here we go, I did add some alert lines, but they don't want to trigger !?

Could you take a peek at the attached efs ?

Thanks,
                        Matt
                        Attached Files

Comment

Matt
                          I just ran the efs on Tick Replay and the alerts trigger fine. For that matter they go off continuously as long as the bar that triggers them is current.
                          What needs to be done at this point is to separate the logic of the alerts from that of the dots like it is in the stochastic(price-arrow-alerts).efs so as to verify the conditions for the alerts only at the close of the bar. That will sound or pop up the alert only once when the cross is confirmed.
                          The dots instead continue to be plotted in "real time" thereby appearing/disappearing as the bar is current.
                          Attached is the efs modified along the lines explained above.
                          Hope this helps
                          Alex
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I see.

That code separation I couldn't do.
                            I am all happy now !

You're the best.

Thanks again,

Matt

Comment

Working...