Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BarVolumeToMA.efs

Hi Jason,

Wasn't able to PM you for some reason so hoping this will reach you. Thanks for the BarVolumeToMA.efs : very useful. However, unlike other similar displays, e.g. volume, it starts the bars in the middle of the pane instead of at the bottom which effectively wastes the bottom half of the pane. I'd really appreciate it if you could make this adjustment.

Many thanks,
    Bob A.

Hello Bob,

Just wanted to let you know I split the thread where you originally posted your request since it wasn't really related to that thread. I won't be able to look into this request right away but I will look into it soon.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

BarVolumeToMA efs

Hi Jason,

Before you tackle this I should be more specific. Lets compare its behaviour to a regular Volume pane. When I grab the Volume right-hand scale with the mouse and contract the display vertically to where I can see all the Tops of the bars, the Bottoms of the bars touch the bottom of the pane. When I adjust BarVolumeToMA to see the Tops, the Bottoms are in the middle of the pane. Sorry I wasn't more specific in the first place.

Many thanks,
      Bob A.

Comment

Hello Bob,

There was a small error in the formula that wasn't setting the maximum value for the y-axis scale properly. The formula below should fix your problem. Compressing the y-axis of the study shouldn't be necessary now.

BarVolumeToMA.efs
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

BarVolumeToMA

Jason,

Many thanks for the quick response,

Bob

Comment

Hello Bob,

I saw the error you mentioned in your private message. I think I have a fix. Try the updated version below and let me now if you have any problems.

BarVolumeToMA.efs

Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

BarVolumeToMA and CPU redline

Jason,

I installed the new BarVolumeToMA version and got the same thin lime line across the top of the pane. Furthermore it drives my CPU load up to 100% and it stays redlined until I remove it from my chart! And this is when I'm only running two charts (ES-2.ach and ES-3.ach) on a 1.7 mhz Dell P4 with 1GB of memory using Win 2000 Pro!

I understand from Steven that you too have been running my layout in an attempt to solve my generalized CPU load problem which has prevented me from trading for the past 10 days. Maybe there's a clue in this latest failure and I'd appreciate any ideas you might have as to what the cause and fix are.

Frankly, I'm at my wit's end and don't know where to turn next.

Help, please,

Bob

Comment

BarVolumeToMA.efs

Jason, I have loaded all the versions of this efs up to 11.21.2003 and I get nothing: an empty indicator panel and only the label "Volume <none>" on my cursor window. I have the basic volume histogram in another panel, so volume data is available. . I am using an input length of 2. Where is the plot?

X

Comment

Hello Xenophon,

It is working fine on my end. What symbol, interval and time template settings did you try it with?

It does require at least 5 days of chart data, so you may not have had enough data loaded in the chart for the study values to begin calculating.

Jason K.
                  Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                  EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                  X