Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split: Customizable Average Price Range

Alex (or any other wizard),

I have a challenging idea...don't know that it's been applied and/or coded yet.

What I'm looking for is a way to display an average price range based on indicator on my chart (or anywhere convenient).
    For example, with this indicator, I'd like a function that would calculate and display the average price range of the past 5 crossovers of vMa (as seen here,) maybe with a feature to edit the number of past ranges to average.

Thanks,
    Michael

does this request make sense?
    Michael

Comment

Micheal M

You are right, figuring the distance between peaks (or valleys) is a challenge. ALways something I thought I would get to some day.

Cuz I love a challenge..

A few questions, then I'll see what I can do, k?

How would you define a turning point? I might say it was a down tick followed by an up tick, but this means every time the ma plot you referred previously (by Alex) to turns from green to red is considered a turining point.

Any ideas on the best way to tell the efs the ma has turned other than the one I suggest above?

Comment

David
        If I understood Michael's request correctly I don't think he is looking for the distance between peaks and valleys but the prices (and subsequent to that an average of those prices) at which the peaks and valleys occurr. By price I suppose he refers to the OHLC and not the values of the indicator.
        To answer your question, determining the peaks and valleys by the color change is one way of doing it. However there are times when there are a number of one-bar crossovers that may skew the results. Another way may be of determing a range in which the center value is higher/lower than the surrounding ones and then flag that. Just an idea
        Alex

Comment

Michael,

Have you taken a look at ChrisK (Kryza, not Kringle) Advanced Fileshare area. He has numerous efs's there that sound similar to what you want. One of them may be a startng point to come up with what you want.

Regards,

Comment

To answer David, Alex is on the right track.

...with the vMa.efs example, if vMa color has changed (e.g., turned red) at close of bar, then flag that closing price. Once vMa has reversed (turned green), take that closing price, then add previous flag price for Last Range. I'd like the average of last 5 of these ranges displayed on chart, or where ever easiest, with feature of editing number of ranges used in calculation.

Thanks for following up, guys. Happy Holidays!
            Michael

Comment

any luck on this one guys?
              Michael

Comment

Michael,

Fibbgann has made some pretty good progress towards an efs which defines the peaks and valleys in a trend if you follow this link. Seeing the results of his efforts, is that getting close?

Regards,

Comment

unfortunately, no.
                  Michael

Comment

I wonder if you ever got this completed?

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                    David
                    If I understood Michael's request correctly I don't think he is looking for the distance between peaks and valleys but the prices (and subsequent to that an average of those prices) at which the peaks and valleys occurr. By price I suppose he refers to the OHLC and not the values of the indicator.
                    To answer your question, determining the peaks and valleys by the color change is one way of doing it. However there are times when there are a number of one-bar crossovers that may skew the results. Another way may be of determing a range in which the center value is higher/lower than the surrounding ones and then flag that. Just an idea
                    Alex
                    I am wondering if an efs was developed for this?
                    If not what has been done if anything?

Thanks
                    E

Comment

Working...
                    X