This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtesting Optimizer

Does anyone know if there are plans to add optimizer functionality to the backtester?

Something along the lines of the TradeStation version would work fine. Set a range and increment for one or more variables to narrow in on the sweet spot. This would be incredibly helpful. Especially for things like the 3Signals project.

I know there are things like WealthLab. However, my understanding is that I would have to program it in WealthLab, test it, optimize it and then convert to EFS. Two languages. Would prefer to stick to one platform and one language. Some things don't convert easily.

Thanks.

This is something we are preparing to do, but as far as a time-frame, this has not yet been established.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

I understand you are not in a position to make commitments. But...are you talking weeks, months, years? Just to get a rough idea.

Comment

This will likely be done sometime in the next year, but as it hasn't been scheduled into a particular release yet, it would be difficult to get much more accurate than that.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X