Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced MA

Hey Jason,
    I was wondering if you would be able to program an advanced Ma. With the ability or inputs to change the averages at anytime. I am not sure if this is the same as a displaced Ma.
    From what I understand the best way to advance a moving average it should be advanced the number of days equal to the " square root of the time period of the moving average"and rounded to the next highest number. Looking at an 18 and 40 day MA you would take the square root of 18 which is 4.24 round it up to 5 and advance the Ma 5 days into the future. This means that each day's price action must be based in relation to the 18 day Ma that was calculated 5 days ago. I hope there is a enough for you to go on here.
    thanks,
    Greg

Greg
    I am not Jason but I will attempt an answer.
    You can already do that without the need of an EFS by using the Moving Average in Basic Studies. Load it in the chart and add/subtract any Offset you want to the MA.
    If instead you would like it as an EFS then if you are using version 7.5 look at the bultinMA.efs in the Builltin subfolder of Formulas. All the parameters for the MA Study can be changed through Edit Studies.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Greg
      The attached efs will plot an MA displaced forward by the square root of its length. The calculation and rounding up of the square root to the next integer is done automatically.
      All parameters for the MA can be modified through Edit Studies. The defaults are 9, Close, Simple offset forward automatically by 3
      Alex
      Attached Files

Comment

RE: Reply to post 'Advanced MA'

Hey Alexis, Thanks, I will give it a go this weekend. This will work with
        7.4? Also will indicators that Jason setup for 7.4 work with 7.5?
        Greg

-----Original Message-----
        Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 9:30 PM
        To: [email protected]
        Subject: Reply to post 'Advanced MA'

Hello gsurowiec,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Greg
          As far as I know the answer is yes to both questions
          Alex

Comment