Tick Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Size

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the tick size other than making it a function parameter? I've looked through help and found nothing. I have some algorithms that rely on it and would prefer to retrieve it without making it a parameter.

Thanks.

Re: Reply to post 'Tick Size'

I always set a parameter

if(es)handle=0.25else handle = 0.5

Comment

I was looking for something broader. I don't want to have a list of every possible symbol to process. It would be bigger than the rest of the efs. I know there is a function to properly format the display price. Something like formatPrice(). Don't remember the exact syntax right now. Thought maybe something might be related to that.

Thanks.

Comment

Recently Steve Hare posted an efs named trace that has formatting code examples, but I beleive you are referring to the x.toFixed(2) function for displaying results with 2 decimals - and as a string. Multiplying by 1 converts that string back to a number, fyi.

Comment

David,

This is the function to which I was referring.

formatPriceNumber( nValue )

This function will return a string with nValue correctly formatted for the chart that is being displayed. This is useful for converting a bar value to a chart display value when working with bonds, notes, currencies or any other instrument that has special formatting requirements.

It is pretty handy for display values. Works well with every symbol I have tried it on.

Perhaps it is time for an email to [email protected].

Thanks.

Comment

Here is a routine that I came up with to get by until eSignal releases a getTickSize() function. It seems to work. Issues that don't have tight spreads may have problems. I tried it on a few lower volume stocks and got back TkSz of .02. Figure it is a matter of luck whether you find the spread in a short time. For these issues you would just have to run the block longer. Of course fTkSz needs to be initialized to an appropriately large number. I used 1000.

// TEST BLOCK FOR FINDING TICK SIZE
            if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR)
            {
            iBr++;
            if (iBr < 34)
            {
            fTkSz = fTkSz < getMostRecentAsk() - getMostRecentBid() ?
            fTkSz : getMostRecentAsk() - getMostRecentBid() > 0 ?
            Math.round((getMostRecentAsk() - getMostRecentBid()) * 100) / 100 :
            fTkSz;
            debugPrintln(fTkSz);
            }
            }
            Last edited by Gavishti; 02-03-2004, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X