Useful Intraday Volume Indicator fr TS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useful Intraday Volume Indicator fr TS

Sorry, I posted this earlier to Strategy forum but I believe this will be a more appropriate forum to suggest additional EFS studies.

Can somebody help me to let me know whether esignal has the capabilities to do the following intraday indicator (and maybe showing the codes)"

Average Intraday Volume to Time of Day, basically looking at stock's intraday volume up to the curent time and compare it to the average intraday up to the same time for e.g. 10 days. This will give an indication if stock is running ahead or below it average 10 days volume. Very useful to detect activities or surging interest in stock for intrady trading.

Description: This indicator plots the cumulative intraday volume through the time of each bar (VolSum) and the average cumulative intraday volume through the same time of day (VolSumAvg). This allows the user to compare the day’s volume up to the current time with the average volume of the last N days through the same time of day. An input allows the user to set the number of days of data to average into the VolSumAvg.

Thanks

Recently I wrote an efs to analyse the volume over a period of days

var x=new Array;
    var start=1;
    debugClear();
    for(i=0;i<300;i++){
    x[i]=0;

}
    function main(){
    time=(getHour()*60+getMinute())/getInterval();//should be 1-95 or so
    x[time]=x[time]+volume();
    if(getCurrentBarIndex()==0&&start!=0){
    for(i=0;i<100;i++){
    debugPrintln("x("+i+")="+x[i])
    }
    start=0;
    }
    }

While this does not get you the average volume per se, this might be a good start to calculating the average volume, then you could compare the current volume to the avg.

Comment

Working...
    X