This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 123 verses 12345 efs

I really am bad with this code stuff - I know NOTHING about it - but I USE it like a madman - Thats my passion - the actual trading. Code - I am not going to learn - BUT - sometimes there arises a piece of efs that catches my eye and there was a thread that I was reading last night concerning the 123 up/down scripts that came with the esgnal program itself. Well, in this thread this guy - I think his name is Carlton asked to have a 123 script taken a step futher and make it a 12345 with the addition of 2 colors for a totoal of 3 colors to the script. I checked it out and I find it interesting enough to throw it up on on of my moniters and "moniter" its effectiveness realtime - with the addition of a bunch of other filters that are not necessarily in any way mechanical.
    But anyway in this thread the guy asked Alexis to do the script and she did it. Then Alexis suggested to the guy to take the original script and compare the changes made from the original 123 script - to the new modified 12345 script - and Alexis said to NOTE the changes to come up with the flip side of the 123 to 12345 DOWN script and make the changes himself. Well this guy seemed pretty codewise and really didnt have a problem doing this at all. But there was never a post of the final product.
    So I've been trying to do this for the last 2 hours and I've screwed things up to the point of I dont even know what the original script anymore. Then I aplied the 123 script and compared it to the already modified 12345 script and took a picture of the anomily that I found - which I will attach to this post. Anyway there are three indicator windows in the chart -the blank one id the one i have been trying to modify and it's blank - of course. Could someone please help?
    sincerely,
    Graham Davis
    Attached Files

here is the really messed up efs Ive been working on
    Attached Files

Comment

Graham
      FWIW this is the thread you were referencing in case you need to download the original 12345down(low) efs.
      Attached to this message instead you will find a 12345up(high).efs that I believe does what you want.
      Let me know if it works
      Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Alexis,
        once again to save the day
        I dont know how you do it BUT you have no idea how MUCH I appreciate you and Jason and Chris - Brad. I hope Im not leaving anyone out...
        especially Alexis
        Graham

Comment

re the 123 vs. 12345

One last thing,
          I will unclude a screen shot of a 123 script verses a 12345 script of the SAME direction and for some reason - the 123 script has ALOT more of the triggers printing on it.
          I am just curious what is making the 123 script have more triggers - becasue I thought the 12345 script was just an addition of bars 4 and 5 having met additional criterea. I dont want to change 12345 - just want to understand the difference.
          Thanks,
          Graham Davis
          Attached Files

Comment

Graham
            First of all thank you very much for your very kind words.
            With regards to the difference between the two scripts the 123down looks for 3 consecutive lower highs whereas 12345down looks for 3 (or more) consecutive lower lows.
            This change was requested by michaelm in the thread mentioned in my earlier reply.
            The same logic albeit reversed is what differentiates 123up from 12345up efs(s)
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X