Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonK
    Hello Randy,

The RemainingBarTime.efs that I have appears to be working. Please try the attached version.
    Thanks Jason.. but I just tried that version too and it does exactly the same thing, it just throws up a nice blue filled rectangle with "00:00 Nan" inside of it. Nothing else happens. Any other ideas?

Best Regards,
    Randy

Comment

Hello Randy,

Please post a chart image. That may provide some additional clues as to what the problem might be.

Also, what time zone are you in?
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Ok Jason..

I snapped a shot of a 3 min. Emini Russell of today for you to look at. Let's hope I get it attached properly. I appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
        Randy
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure but try this, left click on the chart, type 3 (just 3, not 3 min) and hit enter. I think the efs is looking at the characters in the interval, in your case 3 min, and assuming something other than the chart you have up.

This was a common error I ran into and ended up checking for it and issuing an error message when it happened.

Comment

Thanks David...

I typed in a 3 as you said and it does appear to have defaulted to a 3 minute chart as you indicated. You are an absolute wizard! heh, heh...

It seems to have triggered the indicator to respond, although of course I had to switch it over to the ES mini and a 1 min chart in order to show some new trade bars in this almost dead periodso that I wouldn't have to wait til the rest of my hair turned grey before I saw a response. But, it works!

Hmm.. I am not sure why, but in the past I used D for daily and W for Weekly charts but somehow I began typing Min for minute charts, how weird is that heh, heh. Perhaps I am getting old and feeble.

So, how might I use it on a chart that I want to set for say 100 seconds, instead of a chart denominated only in whole minutes? I have tried to type just 100S but while that gives me a nice 100 second chart, the indicator won't even show up on the chart. Do you happen to know if will only show up and work on charts denominated in whole minutes instead of charts denominated in seconds? That seems to be the same case for the 11tthermocc.efs indicator as well, with respect just to time interval charts.

Is there any simple way to adjust either or both of those indicators such that they will also work on time interval charts that are denominated in seconds? I almost forgot, I am on the West Coast of the U.S. and thus on pacific time, if that has any bearing on things.

By the way, thanks much for your help, David.

Best Regards,
            Randy
            Last edited by EzDuzzit; 03-08-2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Hello David..here is the copy of the code that you requested, to check if it supports or can be modified to support charts based on something other than whole minute or hour intervals. It is going to lose some of the formatting, etc. but hopefully you can see what you need to see.
              Best Regards,
              Randy

P.S. see the cut and paste below:

/************************************************** ***************
              Provided By : eSignal. (c) Copyright 2004
              ************************************************** ***************/

function preMain() {
              setPriceStudy(true);
              setStudyTitle("Remaining Bar Time");
              setShowCursorLabel(false);
              }

var vTimeStamp = null;
              var vInt = null;

function main() {
              if (!isIntraday() || getCurrentBarIndex() < -1) return;
              var nState = getBarState();
              var vClockTime = new Date()*1;

if (vInt == null) vInt = (getInterval()*60000); // convert to milliseconds
              if (nState == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
              vTimeStamp = getValue("Time")*1 + vInt;
              }

var vTimeLeft = (vTimeStamp - vClockTime);
              //if (vTimeLeft < 0) return;
              if (vTimeLeft < 0) vTimeLeft = 0;

var vHr = 0;
              var vMin = 0;
              var vSec = 0;

if (vInt > 3600000) {
              vHr = Math.floor(vTimeLeft/3600000);
              vTimeLeft -= (vHr*3600000);
              }
              if (vInt > 60000) {
              vMin = Math.floor(vTimeLeft/60000);
              vTimeLeft -= (vMin*60000);
              }
              vSec = Math.floor(vTimeLeft/1000);

if (vHr < 10) vHr = ("0" + vHr);
              if (vMin < 10) vMin = ("0" + vMin);
              if (vSec < 10) vSec = ("0" + vSec);

vTimeLeft = (" " + vHr + ":" + vMin + ":" + vSec + " ");
              //debugPrintln(vTimeLeft);

drawTextAbsolute(2, 20, vTimeLeft, Color.white, Color.navy,
              Text.BOLD|Text.LEFT|Text.FRAME|Text.RELATIVETOTOP, null, 12, "TR");

return;
              }

Comment

Alarm added to bar countdown ?

EzDuzzit I have to congratulate you... this is great work on the
                countdown bar.

I had one improvement that I have been looking for .. it is to had a sound alert when the bar is close to finishing ..example. 20 seconds before the bar close, there would be that alarm.

Is that possible to create ?

Thank Kevin
                snider

Comment

Working...
                X