Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad

should be changed to ...

In principle they should (they were a left over from a prior version of the same efs) but in reality it does not seem to make a difference.
    Alex

Comment

Here is the HL/LH STO file..

Here is the other HL/LH Sto file for everyone...

B
      Attached Files
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Alex, thanks for your reply..

I have not heard from FibGann??? So I don't know if I upset him or not..???? I hope not..

The other thing that I noticed is that the "smoothing" of the STO indicator in the Super indicator does nothing to change the indicator.

Anyway, I've posted what I'm using to try to develop something for everyone to try.. if you have any feedback, please let me know..

B
        Brad Matheny

Comment

Maybe a combination like this..

In this file, I've combined the HL LH sto system with the super indicator....

What I've done is restrict the super indicator from returning values. It will only return a value when the HL/LH indicator changes. Thus, if the market does not trend, then the super indicator will not change.

I'm not sure this is the optimal solution... but it is interesting none the less..

B
          Attached Files
          Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad

The other thing that I noticed is that the "smoothing" of the STO indicator in the Super indicator does nothing to change the indicator

It seems that if the return value is sto0=vStoch.getValue(MAStudy.MA); then it behaves as if it were sto0=vStoch.getValue(StochStudy.FAST); which would explain why changing the smoothing has no effect. If instead the return value is set to sto0=vStoch.getValue(StochStudy.SLOW); then changing the smoothing factor does alter the plot.
            Alex

Comment

Brad,

You may do what you like with this thread and efs as far as I am concerned. If you plan on marketing any part of the super indicator.efs. (not implying that you are or will) I would just ask you get an ok from Alex and Steve, since they were the ones that built the code. It was just an idea I had.

Sincerely,

Fibbgann
              Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Marketing question..

FibGann,

I do not intend on marketing any portion of the "super indicator"..

The only reason I'm using my enablement feature is to "block" some of the filters and systems I've developed and continue to improve.

You'll notice that I offer alot of stuff with "open source" to members of the BB. I believe this is the best solution for everyone - but some items need to be locked. I'm sure you understand my position.

Thank you for replying to my message. My posts today were simply attempts to improve and use the indicator for a trading system..

To that extent - here is the current system with Stops, PTs and variant entry/exit shares. Here are the details..

This system uses DefEntryContracts (350) for all entry trades.
                It uses DefExitShares1 (200) for the PT exit.
                It uses %% for stops and PT levels - (0.03 = 3%).
                It prevents multiple trades in a single direction (bullish/bearish) - thus only trading reversal trends.

Not quite where I want to get it yet, but still working with it..

B
                Attached Files
                Brad Matheny

Comment

I was wondering if there was an update to the "Super Indicator"?

Bruce

Comment

What were you looking for Bruce? I have multiple versions.

Fibbgann

Comment

Re: Here is the HL/LH STO file..

Originally posted by Doji3333
                      Here is the other HL/LH Sto file for everyone...

B
                      I just found this thread today.
                      What is the password to use this efs?

Comment

Protected code...

Wave,

If the code I post is password protected - it is because it includes some proprietary features/systems and thus - I don't want it to be make PUBLIC.

If it states "click here to become a MEMBER" - then you need to email me your esignal username and I will anable the code for use on your system.

I do a lot of development of systems and indicators (for myself and clients). There are some times when I'll take the best of two things and combine them. This is the case. I used FibGann's SuperIndicator and combined it with some of my systems to see the results. I shared them (for use) to any member who wanted to use it. But the actual code is being protected.

Hope this answers your question.

B
                        Brad Matheny

Comment

Minor Modification..

As I keep seeing posts regarding the indicator created by FibGann (and others), I thought I would post an alternate to the "Super Indicator BLM" that some have been using..

This version reacts a bit quicker than the BLM version, but uses similar logic.

I hope the posters that have been asking questions about this system continue to post their ideas here (to continue this thread).

The concept of the "Super Indicator" is unique in the sense that it attempt to accomplish a "concensus" result.

Brad
                          Attached Files
                          Brad Matheny

Comment

Re: Minor Modification..

You think this is unique, boy I have some stuff far off the wall from this. Just not enough time in the day!

Originally posted by Doji3333
                            As I keep seeing posts regarding the indicator created by FibGann (and others), I thought I would post an alternate to the "Super Indicator BLM" that some have been using..

This version reacts a bit quicker than the BLM version, but uses similar logic.

I hope the posters that have been asking questions about this system continue to post their ideas here (to continue this thread).

The concept of the "Super Indicator" is unique in the sense that it attempt to accomplish a "concensus" result.

Brad

Comment

The other thing is to Brad, there are 2 versions of this floating around. Keep that in mind, in case people are thinking it is something else.

Comment

I like the indicator but the arrows really aren't needed.

How would I go about eliminating them?

Bruce
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X