Custom Indicator Alerts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Indicator Alerts?

Does anyone know if it's possible to write , or find previously written indicator alerts that can be loaded into esignal? For example; an alert window opens up and sound alert generated when the DMI- crosses above the DMI+ in the ADX/DMI basic indicator.

jouster
    The attached efs will trigger an Alert window and play a sound when the DMI+ crosses above/below the DMI-
    All parameters for the ADX study can be modified through Edit Studies
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Alexis,
      I'll look for the "Edit Studies" you mentioned(in the eSignal program?) and play with adjustments. I suppose this could also be adjusted to send alerts when the ADX hits certain levels as well?

Comment

jouster
        To get to Edit Studies right click on the indicator window and select Edit Studies from the context menu.
        That will only allow you to change the parameters for the study.
        If you want to set alerts at specific levels then that will have to be programmed in the efs using the Editor (Tools->EFS->Editor in the main menu)
        Alex

Comment

How to adjust and use the alerts?

Alexis,
          I checked the Edit Studies on some of the other alert scripts there and don't see that any have an adjustable factor written in that I could copy and insert into your script for the ADXDMI. Any suggestions on where to go first to learn the language or borrow from pre-written scripts?
          Also it appearred that the alert function on the current alerts in 'Formulas/Alerts" weren't adjustable. Is it possible to write an alert script that would allow you to adjust the alert levels on the ADX in the Edit Studies window?
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

jouster
            Edit Studies is only used to select between parameters that are set in the code. You will need to use the Editor to modify the code to add new parameters.
            Anyhow to answer your first question you can find all information related to efs in the EFS Help Center & Library
            As to finding existing scripts that may contain code that can be copied over to this efs you may want to do a Search in the forums using "alerts" (without quotes) as the keyword.
            It is possible to program alerts to trigger at specific user defined levels. If you provide some indication as to what you are looking for I will add them to the script.
            Alex

Comment

Trigger levels

I'll check the link you provided. An alert when the ADX touches 25 from either direction, would be great. I've been looking at a 20-25 range but if you add the script with 25 I could probably find the 25's in the editor and play with adjustments.
              Where does one go to select alert options? I found the display window for price alerts which has different choices(pop-ups, sounds, ect.). But where does one make alerts adjustments for the custom alerts in the "Formula/Wizards/Alerts' or "Formulas/Alerts" folders?
              Again--many thanks.

Comment

jouster
                Is the ADX alert at 25 in addition to the ones for the DMI+/DMI- crosses?
                I can make the level user adjustable so that should not be a problem.
                As to your question regarding the Formula Wizard you may want to read more about it at the link I provided earlier.
                Alex

Comment

jouster
                  The attached efs adds alerts for the ADX crossing a user defined level (default is 25). You can change the value for this level in Edit Studies
                  Alex

Attached Files

Comment

I would like to use this alert on the ADX value only. How can I take out the alert on the other DMI lines ?
                    Also, can the audio be changed to keep beeping until manually stopped ?

Thanks.

Comment

tradersaavy
                      While I look into a solution for a manual control of the alert here is a revision of the efs that triggers the alerts only on the ADX.
                      Alex
                      Attached Files

Comment

tradersaavy
                        In the attached revision of the efs when the ADX crosses over the user defined threshold it will trigger the Alert List one time only and play a sound on every tick until the MUTE button in the lower left corner (see image) is clicked using the left mouse button or the sound has played 100 times (to change this value see Note below).
                        The alerts will rearm automatically once the ADX falls below the user defined threshold.
                        The efs can be modified with relative ease if instead of playing a sound on every tick one would rather have it happen only on every new bar until the MUTE button is clicked.
                        All parameters for the ADX study and the threshold level for the alerts can be modified through Edit Studies
                        Alex

Note: To change the maximum number of times the sound will play if the MUTE button is not clicked open the efs and in line 54 of the formula replace 100 with a value of your choice

Attached Files

Comment

Awesome !!!

I'll try this when the market opens again and let you know how it performed.

Thank you !!

Comment

tradersaavy
                            You are most welcome.
                            FWIW you don't necessarily need to wait for the market to reopen to try the efs out. You can use Tick Replay to play back the last 10 days tick by tick.
                            For a brief guide on how to use this feature click here and download Tick Playback.doc
                            Alex

Comment

DMI crossing ADX when > 25?

Alexis
                              Thanks for the new variants on the ADXDMI alert. I tested it in the playback mode and it works great. I have some other variants that would be useful to me if you're interested.
                              1.) Is it possible to have the alert + mute button work when the ADX crosses the 25 either way, going up and down? Can you add a blinking mute button?
                              2.) Possible to have an alert when the dmi crosses down through the ADX only when ADX is above an adjustable level (ie 20-25)?

On a related alert topic does eSignal or this forum have any alert trend lines? By this I mean an alert which would go off when price(candles, bars) crossed a drawn ray or drawn horizontal line? These could be alerts for when support or resistance is broken.

Thanks for your work,
                              jouster

Comment

Working...
                              X