Alerts on Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerts on Studies

Is it possible, other than programmatically, to set an alert on a study crossing a threshhold?

If not, is there an efs that does this for CCI or RSI?

Tx

Tom

Tom
    Have you tried running a Search for rsi AND alerts or cci AND alerts. I know I have coded several of them.
    If you can't find one post what conditions would trigger the alerts or if you want to try to do it yourself the Formula Wizard does make it a relatively easy task
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

I need something that will alert me when CCI crosses through a threshold in either direction.

For example, one alert may be crossing UP through 0,
      another maybe UP through 100,

another may be DOWN through -100, and so on.

I can't get to first base. I saw something by Brad but it seems to be in sections - there is not an efs, and I can't get it to run when I cut and paste.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Comment

Tom
        The attached efs will play a sound when the CCI crosses 0 in either direction and when it crosses 100 from below and -100 from above.
        Although the indicator plots in real time the conditions are set to verify only at the close of the bar.
        It is based on the CCI study available in the Builtin folder and should give you that first base you wanted. FWIW the very same logic can be applied also to many of the other indicators by simply replacing the studyname.getValue(study) using the examples that are provided with all the builtin efs.
        Hope this helps
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks Alex. I don't know what we all would do without you.

Tom

Comment

Indicator Settings

Alex:
            Does this indicator (builtincci(alerts).efs) posted earlier allow us to adjust the settings in order to trigger alarms? (To levels other than +/- 100) Thanks 1Grizzly

Comment

1Grizzly
              Not as it is posted. However if you edit the script and replace the values 100 and -100 in the conditions in lines 57 and 60 with Upper and Lower respectively then you will be able to alter the trigger levels. FYI Upper and Lower are used to set where the bands are drawn
              Alex

Comment

triggered alerts

I need help simply setting an alert for an efs event. A very basic question, but I am unable to find the answer .

I want to use one of the formulae available (it will be basicCCI.efs to start with) and I want to set an alert that pops up and makes a sound when the CCI goes above 150 or below 150.

I hope someone can get me started. I will worry about the script and the fine tuning later, but for mow I simply need to learn to set this kind of alert.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X