Simple Socket object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Socket object

What is the possibility of adding a Socket object simular to the File and Http objects.

This would make it very easy and flexible to use external processing for more complex data proccessing.

For example I can leverage my existing code written in Java, like my fuzzy time price projection code and overlay a graph in esignal.

You can call external .dll's from EFS, and my understanding is (though I have never used it so my understandng may be flawed) that you can use activeX/com to also communicate to eSignal.

It seems to me, that it would require more than just an open scoket to be able to do anything meaningful wrt communicating with eSignal or EFS. While socket is a simple interface, it is all the backend work that would make a socket connection useful that would take all the effort. I'm not eSignal, but given there are already other ways of doing what you need, I doubt this would be of much interest to them.

From the sound of things, I would create a .dll and just pass parameters to the calling EFS that does nothing more than draw the lines.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

Working...
    X