Disparty Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disparty Index

Is it possible to get an efs of the following?

The disparty index masses the % deviation of a moving average (13ma,close).
    A 13 week dispaty index of -25 % means a closing of 25% below the ma of 13 weeks.

Is´t from the book "beyond cadlesticks", Steve Nison. site 161.

Can someone help me?

Tomcat

Tomcat
    You may want to check the efs in this thread as I think it can be easily adapted to what you want
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex.

I think it would be a great advantage to add the bollinger bands in this study. Could you do this for me in an new esf?

Thanks

Tomcat

Comment

Tomcat
        Those will have to be calculated from scratch as one cannot use the builtin Bollinger study.
        In the mean time attached is the Disparity Index based off of the close-ma-diff.efs I indicated in my prior message
        Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Tomcat
          The attached revision of the Disparity Index.efs also plots the BB of the indicator.
          All parameters for the MA used in the Disparity Index and the Bollinger Bands can be modified through Edit Studies.
          Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot, Alex.

Nice week.

Tomcat

Comment

question

how would you have this indicator overlay on the chart instead of being bleow the chart ??
              also is there a way to create this formula ?
              take the previous days closing price
              minus the 1 /2 hours close ( actually the 7 am pst or 10 am est )
              then add todays close and have it plot as an overlay on a daily chart .
              your efs wizard and formula program is a tough one for me to figure out .
              any thoughts on my formula . i have seen the results of it so i know it can be done and that it works .

Comment

Hi Joe,

There are two ways to overlay the Disparity Index on the price. The easiest way is to use the SHIFT + Drag method. By holding the left mouse button and the SHIFT button at the same time, you can drag the Disparity Index indicator from the study pane onto the price pane.

The second method is by changing the rules within the formula itself. By changing line setPriceStudy(false) to (true), you can overlay the study on the price pane. One drawback to this method is the scaling is very different depending on the price of the stock you are comparing to but you can set it to "No Scaling" in the "Edit Studies" menu.

function preMain() {
                setPriceStudy(false);-------------> Change this to true
                setStudyTitle("BBofDisparity");
                setCursorLabelName("BBUp", 0);
                setCursorLabelName("Disparity", 1);
                setCursorLabelName("BBBase", 2);
                setCursorLabelName("BBLo", 3);
                setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.blue, 0);
                setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.black, 1);
                setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.red, 2);
                setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.blue, 3);
                setDefaultBarThickness(1,0);
                setDefaultBarThickness(2,1);
                setDefaultBarThickness(1,2);
                setDefaultBarThickness(1,3);

Hope this helps

Comment

disparity

what version of esignal aree u showing in that chart
                  im using 7.4 and i dont have the same options so im assuming this is a later version

Comment

Joe
                    You need 7.5 or higher to have those scale options. Current release is 7.6 build 636a and is available here
                    Alex

Comment

disparity index

Alexis
                      Please could you help me with my problem. I have downloaded the disparity Index File and saved it. I went to tools, open the formula wizard and tried to open the file but was unable to. Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

dash riprock
                        The efs was written using the Editor (Tools->EFS->Editor) and cannot be viewed/edited with the Formula Wizard.
                        Alex

Comment

Hi Dash,

As a rule of thumb, the EFS editor can read any EFS file whether it was created with the Formula Wizard or from scratch. Now, if an EFS file is created with the Formula Wizard, small changes can be made to it via the EFS Editor and the script may still be read with the Formula Wizard, however; if a large amount of code is added or subtracted from the Formula Wizard built file, the Wizard will not be able to read the altered file.

If the EFS file is created from scratch with the Editor, the Formula Wizard will not be able to read the file.

Comment

Working...
                          X