Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Range indicator

Hi,
    I'd like to mark the opening range on my charts, eg the high and the low of the prices between 9:30-9:45 (or perhaps -10:00). Is there already an indicator programmed that does this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve

Steve
    Check the efs attached to this post
    Alex

Comment

Hi Ssylwester,

To add to Alex's post. I tweaked the EFS that Jason built to account for the first 15 minutes of trading. Let me know how this works for you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Duane & Alex,

Thanks for your responses.

I'm trying to define the opening range time as 9:30-9:45 (or 9:30-10:00). If there is premkt 8:00-9:29 activity, i'd like to ignore those bars for the range calc, but still want to see the premkt price bars on my chart.

Thanks,
        Steve

Comment

This is a little tricky as the EFS is looking to the starting time of the chart data to calculate the first part of the range. Basically it comes down to the time template that you are running. In my case, I tweaked the EFS to work from a 6:30-13:00 time template. I'm not displaying any pre-market data, which is why is works, but if you want to display both pre-market data and the 15-minute range of RTH, more tweaking may be necessary. If anyone has an idea regarding this, please feel free to contribute. Thanks.

Comment

Steve
            The hilo_firstXminutes.efs available here will now do that
            Alex

Comment

You guys are incredible with the efs'. The dedication and talent here is unparalleled. Thanks for posting the free scripts

Comment

Working...
              X