Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know if such a study exists here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if such a study exists here?

I have a short memory but do recall seeing a set of bands based on standard deviation and which is constructed with the following components:

The upper band would be based on an xperiod average of the highs + x standard deviation.

The lower band would be based on an xperiod average of the lows + x standard deviation.

x = user input acceptable

No middle basis is required as each band is based off the highs and lows.

I can't quite remember and searching for Standard Deviation didn't yield the results I was looking for. But I do vaguely remember such a band requested or created by someone.

Does anyone remember/know for sure?
    Thank you!!

Anson

Re: Does anyone know if such a study exists here?

Originally posted by Anson
    I have a short memory but do recall seeing a set of bands based on standard deviation and which is constructed with the following components:

The upper band would be based on an xperiod average of the highs + x standard deviation.

The lower band would be based on an xperiod average of the lows + x standard deviation.

x = user input acceptable

No middle basis is required as each band is based off the highs and lows.

I can't quite remember and searching for Standard Deviation didn't yield the results I was looking for. But I do vaguely remember such a band requested or created by someone.

Does anyone remember/know for sure?
    Thank you!!

Anson

Hi,

Take the formula from Bollinger Bands and adapt the parameters.

Comment

Anson
      The attached efs should do what you asked. I have also added a Basis line which is the sum of the bands divided by 2.
      All parameters for the study can be adjusted through Edit Studies
      Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X