Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

structure sound alert for 3 exp. mvg. avg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• structure sound alert for 3 exp. mvg. avg.

I am trying to set up a formula to alert me by sound when my 3-period exponential mvg. avg. crosses either my 5 period or 15 period simple mvg avg. Would greatly appreciate assistance on this.

thank you

Graymaulkin

Graymaulkin
    The attached efs plots the 3 moving averages and triggers a sound alert at the close of a bar when the 3 EMA has crossed the 5 MA or the 15 MA.
    All parameters for the 3 moving averages can be modified through Edit Studies
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

3 exp. mvg avg

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Graymaulkin
      The attached efs plots the 3 moving averages and triggers a sound alert at the close of a bar when the 3 EMA has crossed the 5 MA or the 15 MA.
      All parameters for the 3 moving averages can be modified through Edit Studies
      Alex
      Alex,

I thank you for the formula and I will put it to use right away. One more question, what would be the fastest way to load the formula? retype the formula again into EFS Formula wizard or cut and paste into the Editor and make modifications on the formula wizard?

Thanks,

Graymaulkin

Comment

Re: 3 exp. mvg avg

Originally posted by Graymaulkin
        Alex,

I finally have the formula you sent me working. Question: on the Alert.playSound("ding.wav"), what is the correct command to switch the "ding" wave to a "phone" wave. I have a phone wave on my Win XP and I would like to use that.

Thanks again,

Graymaulkin

Comment

Graymaulkin
          Copy the phone.wav file to the Sounds folder in the eSignal directory. Before you do that check the contents of the Sounds folder because I believe there is already a phone.wav in there.
          You may want to rename it so as not to overwrite it.
          Once you have copied the file open the efs with the Editor and replace "ding.wav" with "phone.wav".
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            Graymaulkin
            Copy the phone.wav file to the Sounds folder in the eSignal directory. Before you do that check the contents of the Sounds folder because I believe there is already a phone.wav in there.
            You may want to rename it so as not to overwrite it.
            Once you have copied the file open the efs with the Editor and replace "ding.wav" with "phone.wav".
            Alex

Alex,

Thank you for the assistance. Earlier, I had replaced the ding.wav with the phone.wav, but it didn't work. I just simply recycled my system and it worked.

Again, thanks for your assistance

Graymaulkin

Comment

Working...
            X