relative strength (RS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relative strength (RS)

I cannot figure out the wizard. Does anybody know where to get a simple formula for relative strength? Just a simple A/B with the result in a study window. Fix B equal to S&P500 or leave it a variable.

mkahn
    Attached is an efs that will simply do a ratio between two symbols.
    The default symbols used are SPY and QQQ but you can modify them to your liking. Right click the chart then Edit Studies select the study and insert the symbols in the L (for Long) and S (for Short).
    Save the efs to any of the subfolders in the Formulas folder in eSignal.
    Hope this is what you wanted
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply but having to edit the symbols in the formula is a lot harder than just doing it on the fly as a chart symbol. Is there a way to make a relative strength ratio study that keys off the symbol in the main chart window?

In other words, if I have IBM in the chart, I would want to add a formula study that automatically does IBM/$SPX. When I change IBM to MRK in the main chart, the ratio should change, too.

Comment

No problem. Try this one.
        One caveat. You need to use a Time Template that reflects the hours of $SPX hence 9:30-16:00 (EST)
        As you type a new symbol for the chart the indicator pane "should" (please note the conditional) give you the ratio between the symbol you typed and $SPX.
        Alex
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ACM; 02-27-2003, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X