Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced chart "T" vs "1T" Bid/Ask lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced chart "T" vs "1T" Bid/Ask lines?

I always assumed 1T and T would be the same. Bid/Ask lines appear to work only with T, and not with 1T in an advanced chart. Using 7.7 (Build 653) Beta 5

Should bid/ask lines be possible with 2T, 3T, etc., or not?

Thanks!

Bfry,

Currently the bid/ask lines are exclusive to tick charts. If we build the data from multiple ticks, 2T, 10T, ect...the bid/ask lines won't be displayed. In the case of 1T, the data is basically the same as T, but the data is handled in a different way therefore, the bid/ask lines are not included.

I think this is something that the Product Development team might be interested in exploring somewhere down the line. I'll definitely pass on the request. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you Duane.

Further to this, I think that BARSTATE_NEWBAR may be delivered differently with 1T vs T. Is this the case?

In other words, 1T may be treated as a bar chart whereas T may not be.

Can you confirm this? What really *puzzles* me is that the following code prints newbar lines as well as non-newbar lines. What does newbar mean? Does it mean a trade occurred in a 1T or T chart? TIA

function preMain() {
      setPriceStudy(true);
      }

function main() {
      if (getCurrentBarIndex()<0) return;
      var newbar=(getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR);
      if (newbar) {
      debugPrintln("***newbar***");
      }
      else {
      debugPrintln("...");
      }
      return;
      }

Comment

Can anyone explain what conditions generate the new bar state in the efs code on the previous post? I wonder whether it's a spurious condition flag in a 1T chart and so has no meaning?
        If it's a 1T chart, then isn't every tick considered a "bar"?
        It would be great if I could also somehow detect a trade vs a bid/ask update!
        TIA

Comment

My understanding is that tick-based intervals (1T, 30S, etc.) are treated like Bar Charts, while a raw tick chart (interval of T) is treated as a tick chart. My understanding is that getBarState() is really quirky when it comes to either of these interval types. If you do a search on some posts by Doji with the search topic of getBarState() I believe he doesn't even use that function, and has an alternative method of determining when a new bar comes in. This may prove as a useful work-around for you.

** I'm moving this thread to the EFS Studies forum as it doesn't pertain to the beta per say, but has more relevance to EFS. **
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
          X