Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatically exporting data on each bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically exporting data on each bar?

I need to be able to extract the value of the (proprietary, encrypted) Kase statware KCD inidicator. It appears this is not possible because I can't access the inidcator value from within EFS.

However, if I (manually) export the current data to a CSV text file, all data values (including KCD) are containing in the text file.

So I am trying to figure how (IF?) I can write some EFS code to wait until bar close and the get esignal to automatically export the current data to a CSV/text file. i.e. after every single bar.

If this can be done then EFS, or some external program can open the file, extract the KCD indicator value and do the processing I require.

Anybody know, if/how this could be done?

Hello grantanderson,

With the call() function you can access the return values of the KeesKCD.efs indicator. Here's how,

PHP Code:
    function preMain() {

setStudyTitle("Call KCD");  
    }

function 
    main() {
        var 
    aRet call("\\Advanced\\StatWare\\KeesKCD.efs");
        if (
    aRet == null) return;

return 
    aRet;

aRet becomes an array with a length of 3 where aRet[0] = KCD, aRet[1] = KCDPeakOut and aRet[2] = KCDPeak. You could also pass arguments in the call() function if you want to use different values than the defaults.
    call("\\Advanced\\StatWare\\KeesKCD.efs", 2, 40, 8, 65, 50, 1.75, 90, Color.red);
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X