DLL's from Visual Basic from EFS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLL's from Visual Basic from EFS ?

Visual Basic creates ActiveX style DLL's rather than "pure" traditional DLLs.

I assume that EFS's DLL capability relates to a pure standard DLL, but just wondered whether anyone could clarify this for me.

TIA

There is a product called Visual DLL which will post-process a VB style DLL, but it's pricey and I have only a one-off need to create a standard DLL from a VB module.

OK, how about Delphi? I can dredge up my old memories of Pascal, and probably hack something up in Delphi to export and create DLL entry points. Anyone called Delphi DLL from EFS JavaScript and, if so, what is the string parameter format which would be appropriate to get the string into Delphi as a parameter to a DLL entry point?

Yes, only easy questions... TIA to anyone.

Comment

Hi Bfry,

Try this link. I don't know if this directly answers what you want or not, just know that Chris has published some Delphi dlls to his fileshare.

If you figure it out, it would be nice of you to publish. If I knew more on the subject, I would provide more than just a link. Looking forward to hear of your progress.

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I'm pretty well hacked into a Delphi DLL shell, but will consult your ref as well.

Apparently there a 100k overhead with some libraries, etc
        but I'm only going to be using it locally, so no problem.

Once I have the shell, I can encapsulate something like SocketWrench utilities ActiveX control and push XML data
        to a local Java server listener process from efs, rather than
        having to write it into a file and tail it, which is too slow and
        cumbersome.

Currently using this tutorial as a reference, and my extensive,
        although stale knowledge of Object Pascal (I'm a Java programmer):

[snippet]
        The Unofficial Newsletter of Delphi Users - Issue #8 - October 10th, 1995

The Life Of A DLL: A Relationship Between Motion and Forces

by Maga WiseCarver - CIS 102507,3374

OK, let's try to make this simple. Sound familiar? Actually with Borland Delphi it can be quite simple to create, and access, your own Dynamic Link Libraries....

Comment

Thanks Steve for the reference and especially
          thanks to Divergence for posting that, with various
          argument types. Should be a breeze from here
          on out!

Comment

Working...
          X