auto buy/sell in study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto buy/sell in study

I'm getting pretty close to finishing a formula which, when complete, will be a pretty backtesting model, but also, ideally, I'd like to automate part of the trading process. My final question, is it possible to program real, actual buy/sell orders into the study. I know there is the doLong() method but not sure if this would relate or if I've missed something.

You would need to be able to send information to your order processing system which, in turn, would have to be controllable by some sort of front-end. This can be done, but it is rather difficult and depends upon the brokerage and order entry platform which you use.

Comment

sure it is...

I do it all day long for my clients..

All you have to do it choose a broker solution (that provides automated trade execution - often with a utility application) and adopt your code to that structure.

For example, I mostly stick with ..

Interactive Brokers
      FXCM
      Sungard Assent
      Carlin Financial Group

I normally use..

Dynaorder
      Ninja Trader
      MENT Trader Services (in alpha)
      eSignal's IB plugin

It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish?? Do you want to trade stocks, futures or forex? And do you have an account setup with anyone now? These are the types of questions that will allow us to determine your best course of action.

B
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Doji,
        thanks for the reply. the formula that I'm developing is tested to be on ETFs (spy, q, etc), and stocks. I'm already set up with IB and have the esignal plugin loaded. Basically, right now, I have buy/sell indicators the I see on my screen. I currently manually trade these signals but would be interested in working on more automated process

Comment

Let me know how I can help...

Just let me know how I can help you. I develop code for many clients and would be more than happy to help you...

B
          Brad Matheny
          eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
          X