EFS Help, Identify and alert for Gaps in Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Help, Identify and alert for Gaps in Chart

I am fairly technically inept. Am trying to set up an efs (using wizard) to give an alert when a markets gaps on shorter timeframe charts. Probably pretty simple request. Any one able to point me in the right direction.
    Kind Regards
    Craig

Craig
    It can be done using the Formula Wizard alone but you need to add a variable that is not listed in the Formula Wizard.
    In theory all you would need to do is to create two simple conditions. In Set1 you would have

while in Set2 you would have

However using only these conditions the alert will trigger on every tick for the whole duration of the bar that opened in gap up or down.
    The solution is to add to each Set a getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR condition which is true only on the first tick of a new bar.

This way the sound will only play once when a bar opens with a gap.
    Open the attached efs with the Formula Wizard and you can see how the script is laid out.
    Hope this helps
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank-you

What a great way to share knowledge.
      Let me go away and try and apply this. I may come back with a further query, since i think i may need the bar to complete first, since if the alert is given on the open , the gap may still close during the course of the bar.

Thanks again.
      Craig

Comment

Craig
        In that case the logic would change only marginally.
        You would still maintain the getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR condition in both Sets and then you would look for the Low of the prior bar ie. low(-1) to be higher than the High of two bars ago ie. high(-2) for a gap up and the reverse for a gap down.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X