Updating Today's Daily Bars in Real Time Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Today's Daily Bars in Real Time Issue

I am trying to utilize the code for today's daily bars in intraday advanced charts however tyhey do not update in real time unless you refresh the window.

any assistance to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

The cose in question is as per attached.

Robert
    Attached Files

Hello Robert,

Please find attached an updated version that will update in real time.
    Attached Files
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks for posting the revised efs file, unfortunately I am unable to use it as the output window gives an error that getDay() is not defined. Should there be a sub function included?

What is wrong with using rawtime?

Robert

Comment

Hello rcameron,

You just need to upgrade to the new eSignal 7.2.

Click Here for 7.2
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Unfortunately I can't use 7.2 as it bombs on my computer with an efs that I use which is quite complex and will be very time consuming to bug test against the new version. I am currently using 7.1 Build 500 with no problems.

I have utilized part of your code with mine to avoid using the getDay() function as per attached.

My questions are as follows:-

1. The High and Low are correctly drawn first time round when the Charts are opened with the formula. But when a new High or Low is achieved for the current day, they are drawn just under each new bar as it reaches a new High/Low but the previously drawn High/Low is not re drawn to the new level and you have to refresh the chart to get it corrected. Is there any work around?

2. I have utilized the previous Day's High, Low, Close to draw ATR bars as a percentage above and below against the yesterday's close. However I would like to modify the code to calculate an ATR for more than 1 day and don't know how to do it. Can you help?

3. Finally I would like to draw ATR Targets and even Pivot Points for Daily, Weekly and Monthly charts, is there any way to do this as there are no functions except for thos peratimning to days which can only be utilized in Intra Day Charts.

Any help will be appreciated.

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Robert,

1. You could use drawLineRelative() instead of returning a value for each bar. The only disadvantage is that you will not have the data for each level represented in the cursor window. The key here is to use the same tag name for the line each time you want to redraw it.

drawLineRelative(x1, y1, x2, y2, style, thickness, color, tag name);
            drawLineRelative(-20, vHigh, 0, vHigh, PS_SOLID, 2, Color.red, "High");

2. The attached formula at the bottom is a Keltner study that uses the ATR based on an array of bars. See function ATR(nInputLength).

3. Try these two formulas for Pivots.
            PivotPointAllweekly.efs
            PivotPointAllnew.efs
            Attached Files
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary