Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Encryption

Hi,

About a year ago, I encrypted a script and now want to change the password. But when I select Tools/EFS/Encrypt-Decrypt, I do not get (that I can see) a dialog box to select scripts from. Nothing happens except that I get beeped whenever I try to use the mouse back in the main eSignal window. That tells me the dialog box is somewhere waiting for input, but I cannot see it and I cannot do anything with eSignal. At that point, I have to shut eSignal down from the Task Manager since Windows beeps at me whenever I try to use the mouse in eSignal. I even tried Tools/EFS/Encrypt-Decrypt after closing every open window. Same result. I must be really doing something stupid but I can't see what it is. Any ideas???

Scott
    Scott Masters
    www.tic2tic.com
    [email protected]

encryption...

when you encryp your file, esignal creates a text backup of it in the directory where you encrypted it. So if you look in that directory, you should see the ???.efs and ???.txt. The text file is the original (although altered with additional blank lines) file you started with - un encrypted.

Try that, then contact esignal for support if you can't find it.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks for the comments but I cannot encrypt a file...I can't do anything after selecting tools/efs/encrypt. I see nothing (no dialog box or anything) and the system 'beeps' when I try to use the mouse in the eSignal window. It's as if the menu choice resulted in a dialog box that is up that must be answered, but I do not see one. Hmmmm?

Scott
      Scott Masters
      www.tic2tic.com
      [email protected]

Comment

smasters,

This can happen with eSignal...a pop-up window may pop-up off the viewable screen.

People have edited WinSig.ini and got back missing menu's, tool bars and pop-ups. The easiest way is just to comment out the the Layout line (use brackets [] to comment something out).

ie:

[Layout = C:\Program Files\esignal\mylayout.LAY]

however this will mean that you will need to recreate the layout.

Remember to backup your WinSig.ini first.

Oh Yes, WinWig.ini can be found in your C:\WINDOWS directory (depending on what OS you run).

Garth
        Garth

Comment

Hi Garth,

Many thanks! Not sure if I would have ever figured that out because I assumed I was doing something wrong.

Had to delete my WinSig.ini file and re-install eSignal to get the encrypt/decrypt dialog box back within the proper bounds.

eSignal should really fix that one.

Again, many thanks.

Scott
          Scott Masters
          www.tic2tic.com
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X