Pivot Point Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pivot Point Problem

There is a problem with the Pivot Point efs. I have noticed on some 24 hr futures, ie Globex currencies, that if price has moved higher throughout the previous day and close near the high, the next day's pivots are lower than the previous day's. This is not right. Can someone look at this and fix it or tell me how to edit the formula myself? Thanks

Hello weffy,

Are you referring to PivotPointAll.efs or PivotPoint.efs in the Pivots folder? Please tell us which specific formula you are using. There was a fix to the PivotPointAll.efs earlier this week for a different problem. You could try this one first to see if there is still a problem. Click here to download PivotPointAllnew.efs.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi JasonK, I am using PivotPointAll.efs. I tried AllNew and it returns the same values.

I know that it depends on the time of the close as to what the results will be. Specifically, for WB #F on 3-3 if I use the close at 16:00 , 15772; high of 15796; low of 15700; I calculate a pivot of 15756. If I use the close at 24:00, the Pivot is of course higher. the efs returned a Pivot of 15732. Times are cst. I just don't understand where it gets its result and I know it is wrong.

Thanks, weffy

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Pivot Point Problem'

weffy
        I am using the PivotPointAllnew efs with three 60 min chart for WB #F. One
        of the charts has a Time Template set at 16:30-16:00 (Start/End times CT)
        while the other is set at 00:00-00:00 and the last is set for the open
        outcry session ie 7:20-14:00.
        In all three case the efs is returning 15808 as the Pivot for today and
        15768 for 3/3.
        That is still different from what you are calculating but it seems
        consistent between the various Time Templates.
        Interestingly enough if I use the open outcry symbol the Pivot is 15806.
        As an aside is there a particular reason you are using WB as opposed to 6B
        as the symbol for Globex British Pound?
        Alex

Comment

Alex,

That is very odd. I've attached snapshot of my chart with the Allnew efs. I use the 24hr template. I use the WB symbol because that was what I found in the all new symbol guide. when I use 6B, I get a pivot of 15756 for 3-3 and 15803 for today. Still different from your numbers. Something's screwy.

Thanks, weffy
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Pivot Point Problem'

weffy
            No they are not different. If I use 6B they are the same as yours. The
            values I quoted in the prior message were calculated using WB as the symbol
            (and BP as the open outcry)
            Alex

Comment

Sorry I mispoke, Alex. Anyway, I think I should check out using the 6* symbols for my 24hr quotes.

Thanks, for the help, weffy

Comment

Regarding pivotsAll for futures traders.

Any chance that we can get an efs formula which calculates new pivots starting at 4:45, based on high/low/close of previous days range during 4:45 - 4:15 session?

Or is there a workaround for this already?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X