Color coding price bars based on TII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael
    This looks like the same adx study I wrote a while back.
    Anyhow here is step 1 of the things you would like to see happen.
    This one adds the condition I was referring to that checks if the system is already Long or Short so as to prevent multiple trades in the same direction.
    It will now paint the trigger bars blue and light red and if it enters a trade it then paints them lime or red.
    Using the Back Tester compare the results to the efs you posted here.
    Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ACM; 04-28-2003, 07:37 PM.

Comment

thank you, so far so good. you have a good memory...it is one that you programmed for someone awhile ago and i asked you to add color to bars.
      Michael

Comment

Michael
        Step2 of the process. The attached efs should now only execute trades between 6:30 and 13:00 but does not yet close existing trades at 12:59 (that will be next step).
        Again use the Formula Wizard to compare the code to the prior revision.
        Alex
        PS. If for any reason the bars don't paint just maximize and restore the chart (or viceversa). I think it needs a setColorPriceBars(true) statement at this point but it can always be added.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ACM; 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM.

Comment

thanks, alex. i'll check it out. i use editor to look at formula because FW doesn't recognise the indicator formula completely.
          i've already added the setColorPriceBar(true) earlier.
          Michael

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Color coding price bars based on TII'

Michael
            There is actually only one thing the FW does not recognize and that is the
            PDI-NDI>0 and PDI-NDI<0 conditions.
            So, if you want you can still work with the FW to set all the conditions -
            which is what I am doing now - and then use the Editor to restore the
            PDI-NDI conditions by copying them from a prior version of the efs.
            Alex

Comment

that's indeed what i've done. for viewing, though, i just use editor.
              Michael

Comment

Michael
                Step 3 of the process. The attached efs now closes all trades at 13:00 PST. In doing so paints that bar in grey. All bars with no trades are black. Had to rearrange the conditions to allow for the new paint bar arrangement.
                Please note that the efs is set for PST ie it allows trading between 6:30-13:00 (in the image it is set for EST trading hours ie 9:30-16:00)
                Alex

Attached Files
                Last edited by ACM; 04-29-2003, 06:49 PM.

Comment

could you explain what is meant by "...the efs now waits 13 bars before..."
                  if an isLong=1 at 6:30 occurs, i'd like it to recognise it.
                  Michael

Comment

Michael
                    Please disregard that note as it was due to an error in one of the conditions.
                    The efs in the prior message has now been replaced so you may want to download it again.
                    Alex

Comment

thanks...i added >=30 mins so as to include that bar. looks great so far, alex.
                      Michael

Comment

i'm noticing that on today's chart, the lastest version here isn't painting all the bars correctly. sometimes still green when indicator is negative.
                        Michael

Comment

Michael
                          The problem is caused by the lines in Sets 1 and 2 that say getMinute() > 30 and that allow trades only past the 30 minute mark of every hour.
                          Once taken out though the system now begins trading at 6:00 and I have not found a way to set it for 6:30 with the Formula Wizard. As of now it looks like this will have to be done outside of the Formula Wizard.
                          Alex
                          Last edited by ACM; 04-30-2003, 07:00 PM.

Comment

i know this wasn't going to be easy. i really appreciate your help.
                            Michael

Comment

Michael
                              The attached efs solves the issue. As I said earlier though the 630 start time has to be created outside of the Formula Wizard.
                              Alex
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Michael and Alexis,

The level of complexity of your conditions for this study will not be able to be handled through the Formula Wizard. I've put together a new formula for you based on your initial description. Test it out and let me know if we're getting closer to what you need.

adxm4b2.efs

Jason K.
                                Project Manager
                                eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                                JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                                EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                                EFS Glossary
                                Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...