Help designing a Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help designing a Control Panel

I'd like to write a study that instead of plotting something, it displays values in a Control Panel. Very similar to the esignal Cursor window.

As an example I would like to print the current value for the TRIN and TICK in a simple text-type box surrounded by a frame. This information box would display either on top of the chart window or alternatively in a separate window pane below.

I'v tried using DrawTextAbsolute or DrawTextRelative but these move in relation to the main chart data as bars are added or if your scroll left/right. The Control panel needs to remain fixed in situ very much like the esignal Cursor window.

Anyone any ideas of how I go about writing this.
    Last edited by Freefox; 09-19-2004, 01:17 AM.

Freefox
    The enclosed example will write "your value here" in a fixed spot in an indicator window. The writing will not move when the chart is scrolled or the bar spacing is changed.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

PHP Code:
    function preMain() {

setPriceStudy(false);

setStudyTitle("Sample");

setShowCursorLabel(false);
        }

function 
    main() {

drawTextPixel(20,20,"your value here",Color.white,Color.black,Text.BOLD|Text.FRAME|

Text.RELATIVETOTOP|Text.RELATIVETOLEFT,"Arial",20);

return;

Comment

Freefox:

Attached is a simple example script that should get you started. It draws text in a frame at top left of chart that remains fixed, regardless of scrolling etc.

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks ckryza and Alexis, this is exactly want I wanted to print a non moving text box.

Next problem I've encountered is how do I always show current value for a symbol (eg. TRIN) regardless of what the bar interval of the current chart is.

For example, my main dsiplay may show a 5 minute barchart of the emini S&P 500 (ES Z4) but what I would like to do is show the real-time value of TRIN. That is, for each change in the value of TRIN I want to display is value in the control panel.

I've seen there are various ways to do this when I new bar is plotted in the main window etc, but I want to print the real-time value of TRIN every time it changes regardless of the interval in the main charting window. Effectively the 'event' I need to capture is an 'ONChange' for the value of TRIN.

Any help greatly appreciated?

Comment

Freefox
          The enclosed sample efs should do what you asked. It will print the current value of $TRIN in a fixed spot of the indicator window (same as in the script I posted earlier).
          Through Edit Studies you can change the symbol for which you want to retrieve the current value (default is $TRIN)
          Alex

PHP Code:
          function preMain() {

setCursorLabelName("Sym");

setStudyTitle("Sym")

var 
          fp1 = new FunctionParameter("Sym"FunctionParameter.STRING);

fp1.setName("Symbol");        

fp1.setDefault("$TRIN");
          }     

function 
          main(Sym) {

var 
          vSymbol close(0Sym);

drawTextPixel(2020formatPriceNumber(vSymbol), Color.whiteColor.black,Text.BOLD|Text.FRAME|

Text.RELATIVETOTOP|Text.RELATIVETOLEFT"Arial"20"Sym");

return ;

Comment

Thanks for this Alexis,

Couple of questions though ...

1. Is there a way to NOT show anything in the esignal Cursor window as it it not relevant when you are displaying values in a seperate text box on the screen?

2. Also can you provide me example code of how I would use this technique to display 2 values on the screen at the same time. (eg. TICK and TRIN) ? (Again making sure that both are real-time, ie. immediatley any value changes it is reflected on the screen). Based on that I should be able to extend it myself to include some other values I am interested in and execute some calculations.

Thanks.
            Last edited by Freefox; 09-19-2004, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Freefox
              1. Yes, add setShowCursorLabel(false); in the preMain section of the efs (see sample script below)
              2. See sample script below
              Alex

PHP Code:
              function preMain() {

setCursorLabelName("Sym");

setStudyTitle("Sym");

setShowCursorLabel(false);

var 
              fp1 = new FunctionParameter("Sym"FunctionParameter.STRING);

fp1.setName("Symbol");        

fp1.setDefault("$TRIN");

var 
              fp2 = new FunctionParameter("Sym2"FunctionParameter.STRING);

fp2.setName("Symbol2");        

fp2.setDefault("$TICK");
              }     

function 
              main(Sym,Sym2) {

var 
              vSymbol close(0Sym);
              var 
              vSymbol2 close(0Sym2);

drawTextPixel(2020formatPriceNumber(vSymbol), Color.whiteColor.black,Text.BOLD|Text.FRAME|

Text.RELATIVETOTOP|Text.RELATIVETOLEFT"Arial"20"Sym");

drawTextPixel(2050formatPriceNumber(vSymbol2), Color.whiteColor.black,Text.BOLD|Text.FRAME|

Text.RELATIVETOTOP|Text.RELATIVETOLEFT"Arial"20"Sym2");

return ;

Comment

Working...
              X