• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncontrolled reload

I have a layout with 2 advanced charts

Chart A has zero efs programs running

Chart B has one efs program running

If I do just about anything to chart A (change time frame, change the symbol, compress the time axis) that needs more data) the efs program on chart B is reloaded.

Q) Why does this happen?

Q) Is there a way to prevent this?

pflash50,

It sounds like the two windows may be linked. When the first chart is being changed, it renders the refreshing to the second chart. This includes any EFS studies that are on Chart A. As the new time interval or symbol is broadcast, the EFS will work to recalculate with the new data. Please let me know if this is the case.

Comment

Hello Duane,

No links on either chart.

Comment

pflash50,

Brfy has also mentioned something along these lines in the past. As always, we need to look for some common denominator, which will help us begin troubleshooting this. If you would like, please PM me some of the specifics of your setup. If you could let us know if you are working with layouts or pages, version and build number, and any particular EFS studies that you run when this occurs. Hopefully we can put the puzzle together and get this working for you. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,

It may take me a few days to come up with a reasonable test program that demonstrates this probem. (The program I'm seeing it in now is about 4500 line of code spread across 6 files.)

===

In the mean time here is another clue:

Take any efs program and add it to a chart. Then add a basic indicator, such as MA. Open the edit window and make a change. Click Apply (this or all as appropriate). Then click OK.

The efs program will reload.

If you do the same thing, but click Cancel instead of OK, the efs program will not reload.

Either way, the basic study gets changed. The reload after OK seems as pointless as the reload after adding data to a different chart FOR A DIFFERENT SYMBOL.

(And with the size of my program, a reload is not an insignificant event.)
          Last edited by pflash50; 09-17-2004, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Duane,

Here is a third clue -

When the tick downloader begins to receive data (or perhaps just before the data begins to flow), efs programs reload.

Comment

Duane,

Here is a fourth clue -

None of the previously mentioned scenarios for triggering an unexpected/unwanted reload work on the weekend.

Or, at least, not on Sunday morning.

I can load any amount of new data for symbol A and none of my efs programs on the symbol B chart reload. Unless I ask for a reload.

Comment

Working...
              X