Real time indicator data export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real time indicator data export

Is there a way to export in real time indicator values. I thought of using the dde, but it might have some problems going down to the tick. Would it be possible to write the values to a text file on the fly with an efs, where they could be read by another program?

Thanks,
    Lorn

I believe if you wrote to a file, and were accessing the same file with another program simultaniously you would eventually get a get a sharing violation.

Comment

Hello,

I'd be really interested in a formula that could be attached to a chart that would write realtime data down to a .txt file (or ASCII) format.

you can right click on a chart and export it - but when you have a page open with 25 charts and they are on 5 mins - it is a lot of work...!

Has an EFS been written that does this...?

Comment

soap,

As Alex indicated in his reply to your last post, one of the functions in the shUtilities may be used for this.
        Example 4(b) in the help file is a complete efs that does what you want. To add the symbol to the file name, simply replace "example" with getSymbol() as the name of the file. This is in line 6 of the efs. You may also choose not to overwrite previously saved data by setting the overwrite flag to false in the same line.

If you choose to try this and cannot figure this out, please post where you have problems and I can help. If you choose not to try, there are a list of efs consultants that can be used to create a custom study that may work for you.

Comment

Steve,

Brilliant - tested it out last night and getting a data output file - THANKS HEAPS.

QU: In line 6 I put the getSymbol () command in but it just names the output file "getSymbol ()..." and doesn't actually get the name for the symbol...?

Do I need a different version of the EFS for each symbol I attach it to...? or is this generic command supposed to grab the relevant symbol name automatically?

Thanks

Comment

Hi soap,

Use getSymbol() without the quotes.

for example, line 6 would be ...

PHP Code:
            var nFile t1.ezFile(getSymbol(),"txt",true); // (4) File Utility declaration, outside main 
            Now I had written this utility to create a new file name for every day of the week (provided you restarted eSignal every day). Try this several days, let me know if this works for you.

Comment

Working...
            X