Todays all sessions pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays all sessions pivots

First off I would like to thank everyone on this board who has helped in learning the different nuances of the javascript used to program the efs codes. I am finally getting the hang of how to program my strategies.
    Now regarding pivotpointall.efs. Based on all sessions data
    yesterdays hlc were 830.5, 819.00, 821.75.
    If you plug these numbers into any pivot caclculator you get
    a pivot of 823.75 with r1 at 828.5 and s1 at 817.00. However if i apply the efs to my 5 min allsessions chart as i always do i obtain a pivot point of 821.5 with an r1 of 826.91 and s1 of 812.66.
    I even applied my special time template which starts at 1645 and closes at 1615 mirroring the actual es all sessions timeframe and i still get the same results. When i go back and look at yesterdays data i dont see any stray bars that would have changed the hlc as i have given.
    Thanks for your help as always
    Yoda

yoda

If you plug these numbers into any pivot caclculator you get a pivot of 823.75 with r1 at 828.5 and s1 at 817.00.

Those are the numbers I am getting with PivotPointAll.efs and 5 min chart set for 16:45-16:15 (00:00-24:00 gives the same values) as you can see in the attached image.

Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

alexis,
      This is strange . it seems when i use es h3 for my es symbol it works fine but when i plug in es #f i get different numbers that my be my problem . Maybe the efs isnt reading the es #f the same way. Either way thanks
      yoda

Comment

yoda
        I get the same exact values even when using ES #F (see attached)
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

I haven't found any probs with that .efs either, and have checked it dilligently over the last two weeks.

The code does note problems may arise if used on a 1 min chart, but am not sure which timeframe you are runnng it in. I've been using mine on 15m.

For what it's worth,

Largo

Comment

Working...
          X