drawtext for setstop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawtext for setstop

This is actually a question for the formula wizard form but no one there seems to respond to things

I have developed a EFS that sets a stop based on certain criteria being met using the formula wizard. It works fine when Backtesting but my question is how can I visually see when I'm stopped out on a chart? I see my Buy/Sell alerts but I don't know how to alert when stopped out using the formula wizard? Anyone know what I mean?

Jim

Hello Jim,

Please post your code or attach a copy of your formula here so I can take a look.

Thanks,
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

setstop alert

Ok it's attached,

thanks in advance
      Attached Files

Comment

I might be missing something here, but are you entering a Long order at te open of the next bar and a stop at the same price?

function onAction1() {
        if (vLastAlert != 1) drawTextRelative(0, low(), "BUY", Color.RGB(0,0,0), Color.RGB(0,255,0), Text.FRAME, "Arial", 8);
        if (vLastAlert != 1) Strategy.doLong("", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.NEXTBAR, Strategy.DEFAULT, 0);
        if (vLastAlert != 1) Strategy.setStop(open());
        if (vLastAlert != 1) debugPrintln(open());
        vLastAlert = 1;

this code, along with the back tester, seems to say that is what is going on
        Attached Files

Comment

your right

Looks like your right, I want to set a stop at the low of the last bar OR 1/4 point below the entry price for longs (high for shorts), whichever is less, can that be done? and if so can I be notified with an alert that says "STOPPED" when reached, much like the buy/short cover/sell alerts programmed?

Thanks

also, while I have the wish list going, how can set values to not trade before 10:00 each day and to close all positions after 15:50?
          Last edited by jvasto; 03-08-2003, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X