Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving averages cross over alert

Hi

does any one know of any alerts that could be downloaded which mark the cross over of any moving averages ?

Thanks

mashhad,

You may want to take a look at the following EFS from Alexis Montenegro. This is a good place to start in regards to getting a basic study that will perform what you are trying to accomplish.

In regards to alerts with this study, there are pop-up alerts, audible alerts, basically several to pick from. This should serve as a springboard for something you might want to customize.
    Attached Files

Comment

sorry but can't open this attachment
      can you email it to me : [email protected]
      thanks

Comment

mashhad
        When you click on the link and you are offered the option to Open or Save select Save and download to any one of the subfolders of the Formulas folder that is in the eSignal directory.
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex
          thx I was able to open it.
          but I am looking for one that does multiple MA lines,

More importantly, I am looking for one that gives an arrow up or down everytime these lines sit on top of eachother respectively. That's the part that would actually be helpful to me. at the moment, I just plot the lines using the ones in basic study. But looking for a formula that pops an arrow or some kind of a signal when these lines cross each other in order of their value to reduce my work of having to watch multiple lines.

Do you know of any formulas that can be helpful to me ?

Comment

mashhad
            As Duane said the efs he suggested can be used as a starting point to create the study you want.
            You can add moving averages to that study if necessary and/or modify the conditions to suit your requirements. However you will need to be specific as to what these conditions are - even if only to run a Search to see if anything already exists - as they are not very clear at this time.
            Alex

Comment

okay, lets just use these values as an example:

every time 50MA simple, 24MA simple and 16MA simple sit on top of eachother respectively, I want to see an arrow down(or bars to change color to red) and everytime 16MA s, 24MA s, and 50MA s sit on top of each other respectively I want to see an arrow up.

is that specific enough?

Comment

Hello Mashad,

The study you are describing can be developed using the Formula Wizard. To learn more about how to use the Formula Wizard, please read through our Formula Wizard Guide.
                Jason K.
                Project Manager
                eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                EFS Glossary
                Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi
                  thx very much for directing me to the correct page.
                  I was actually surprised on how easy it was to create those formulas for myself and it made trading so much easier! :-)

Now my next question is how can I do the same thing with Studies that are offered by 3 party softwares that work with E-signal?

The one software I use is called Kwikpop. Kwikpop has a study called the 104 line (similar to the MAs but diff. formula) . I just want to create an indicator that marks the closes above and below this line.

How can I create formulas for 3rd party softwares that work with E-signal?

Comment

Hi,

Glad you found the Forumla Wizard so helpful.

In terms of KwikPop, they are already an eSignal third party partner so I'd contact them to see if you have the right version to work w/ eSignal. Typically, these formulas are encrypted and proprietary so you can't just create an EFS for use with eSignal. It appears KwikPop already wrote their studies into EFS so that's the best route to go.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok. I am going to contact Kwikpop on that .. Thanks

Now I need help on furthering this study. I need to add a function to it, where everytime the MAs cross over, it will measure that range, and Marks the pivot high or low of that range(depending if it's short or long), and put a line under/over the Pivot point. I usually see them done with a small green line on charts. Can you please point me in the right direction there?
                      Last edited by mashhad; 10-25-2004, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Hello mashhad,

What you are trying to accomplish with the pivots is certainly possible, but it may be beyond the limitations of the Formula Wizard capabilities. It's not completely clear to me what you need to do exactly, but if you're able and willing to code the basis of your study and post the code (non-Formula Wizard) here, we should be able to help give you more specific direction on how to add the functionality you're trying to describe. If manual coding is beyond your current abilities, you may need to contact one of our EFS Consultants to discuss EFS development for your specific needs.
                        Jason K.
                        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

okay, let me explain a little better and see if this would help:

I have created a study that everytime the 2MA crosses the 5MA the color change happens.....

Now:
                          I want the formula to go back after every color change and mark the last range's Pivot low or high.
                          is this possible to do using formula wizard?

thanks
                          Last edited by mashhad; 10-25-2004, 01:10 PM.

Comment

here is an example of a formula that marks the pivots. (green lines)
                            how can I add this function to my formula please?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mashhad; 10-25-2004, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Hello mashhad,

The formula wizard is not going to be the solution for you. The study you attached is based on the Kwikpop studies. Pieces of which are proprietary through their dlls. You could try contacting Kwikpop to see if they are willing to provide some custom programming for you.
                              Jason K.
                              Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                              EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                              X