viewing linear regression lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewing linear regression lines

I am using Mel Raiman's Precision Trading Platform. I have loaded the EFS file, MR_MonLinReg2 (I did not create this file), and all is functioning well. However, on some charts, I can not see the end of the Standard Deviation lines. This is not a technical problem, as the charts and lines are drawing properly. The problem is when the lines are drawn at a steep angle, the price range on the right side of the chart is not wide enough to allow viewing of the ends of the lines. They are cut off at the bottom (above the volume area) if declining, and at the top (below the menu bar) if rising. I have all charts set to "auto scale."

Is there a way to have the right-hand price range automatically adjust to show the price action, the mean, and both the +/- 1, and +/- 2 standard deviations?

Thank you.
    Darren Rozell

Hello Darren,

The regression lines are drawn objects on the chart, which aren't included in the data used for autoscaling. What you can do is compress the y-axis by clicking on the y-axis and drag your mouse down. This will squeeze the data and regression lines together to fit into the viewable area of the chart. You can then click on the chart and drag it up/down or left/right to suit your needs. However, this action turns off autoscaling. So as time goes on, if the price data or regression lines begin to move out of the viewable area you will need to make manual adjustments to bring it all back into view again.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thank You

Thanks, Jason. Such a simple solution.